oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

However good a player Jota is - I personally think paying £8m for a player in his last year of his contract is too much. I know transfer fees have moved on but we're not so flush with cash that we should be paying that sort of fee for a player who can move for free in the summer. And I don't think he'd improve the team enough to justify that sort of outlay when he has had personal problems in the past that led him to being loaned back to Spain. It strikes me as someone who won't settle up here. It just seems far too risky.

Gotta laugh, a week or two ago when we signed baker we were all sorted apart from a back up cb. Now we need a full back, a new midfield, a couple if wingers and an attacking midfielder!

The players we have signed have all gone straight into the starting line-up of a squad that for the most part has achieved promotion 15 months ago. If we fail to get promoted, it's not because of the signings we've made, it's because of the way they are being set up.

I'm still confident with what we have at the moment, but if we don't go up, it's all down to one man.

I agree with that in a way but i reckon the weight of expectation from some fans (in general not talking about anyone on this group but outside of it) that expect us to smash the league and too get a great points total is maybe making them players nervous. I also reckon a few players (including Downing, friend and Howson) have been told they are great players and are maybe not working as hard as they use too because of this, so we are not getting the best of them. What im trying to say is if monk is playing them in the right position and correct tactics but they are not performing then i hold the players equally as responsible this season. Im also trying to say if people continue too put some much expectation on them they crack under pressure thats not helpful either, we need to be supportive even if they are losing in a game or things are not going right if they are putting in the effort.

Kent and Johnson play on the same wing, wonder if it was one or the other and our RW target will only become clear when/of Adama leaves?

Kent is a right sided player i thought? This johnson is a LB/LW

Kent and Johnson play on the same wing, wonder if it was one or the other and our RW target will only become clear when/of Adama leaves?

Transfermarkt has Kents primary position down as a LW

He's right footed and can play on either wing Kent, think he played the entirety of his loan spell as a Left Winger though.

Not going to pretend I know much about this Johnson guy but his stats show that he is getting 10+ goals and assists every year in the lower leagues/Scottish PL and he looks incredibly pacey. The fact that he's played as a Left Back might mean he can defend too? I quite like the signing myself, seems like a good plan B player and should be happier to sit on the bench than Traore...

I'm happy with the fact that we've identified an area that needs addressing and identified a player that (hopefully) deliver in that area.

I don't know much about Johnson but over that last couple of seasons Oxford have turned into a very good footballing side not just a lower league lump it forward team

If he is a LB and monk sticks with 433 with pacy attacking fullbacks providing the width then would this Marvin Johnson fella be first choice over George? Certainly sounds more suited to it by description....

marvelous marvin scores first goal on this goal of the month vid. not bad lads, hope he can do this for us.

scores the 3rd goal to.

and the 5th.

this is a marvin johnson goal of the month vid lol

notice how he is without doubt left footed. the guy would balance this team out immediately. even if hes not the best still better tohave round pegs in round holes. than a nice shiny triangle piece wedged in a round hole.