oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still not sure why people are concerned Gibson will leave. Maybe I'm wrong but there's absolutely no time to replace him now. Someone would have to make an absolutely ridiculous offer for him. I can't see WBA doing that regardless of how much they get for Evans.

I really hope Monk is planning on playing a 3-4-3 and the signings are for that. So 1st 11:

Randolph

Gibson

Ayala

Shotton

Fabio

Howson

Baker

Christie

Braithwaite

Asombalonga

Traore

That makes sense if keeping Traore, signing a centre half and another winger.

I'm not writing off a Gibson special of getting us Jota at the last minute.

I think Jota's agent has got a long night of ringing around prem clubs trying to drum up some interest ahead of him

I really hope Monk is planning on playing a 3-4-3 and the signings are for that. So 1st 11:

Randolph

Gibson

Ayala

Shotton

Fabio

Howson

Baker

Christie

Braithwaite

Asombalonga

Traore

More likely 3-5-2 for me:

Randolph

Shotton

Fry / Ayala

Gibson

Christie

Clayton

Baker

Howson

Fabio

Assombalonga

Braithwaite / Bamford

We said the same last Deadine Day and the Deadline Day before that but nothing ever materialised. Prepare to be disappointed if that's what you're hoping for.

That's partly because people on here were telling us big Afro-Caribbean blokes were lined up outside the medical centre.

I'm still not sure why people are concerned Gibson will leave. Maybe I'm wrong but there's absolutely no time to replace him now. Someone would have to make an absolutely ridiculous offer for him. I can't see WBA doing that regardless of how much they get for Evans.

You've answered your own question. Don't you think west brom fans are saying the same about Evans...or Southampton fans saying the same about van dyke?

We said the same last Deadine Day and the Deadline Day before that but nothing ever materialised. Prepare to be disappointed if that's what you're hoping for.

That's partly because people on here were telling us big Afro-Caribbean blokes were lined up outside the medical centre.

:D

Randolph

Gibson

Ayala

Shotton

Fabio

Howson

Baker

Christie

Braithwaite

Asombalonga

Traore

Randolph

Shotton

Fry / Ayala

Gibson

Christie

Clayton

Baker

Howson

Fabio

Assombalonga

Braithwaite / Bamford

I'm just starting to think we need to lose our Clayton addiction . I wonder if he was a pure bred Karanka player. Not progressive enough for how we need to play now.

Randolph

Gibson

Ayala

Shotton

Fabio

Howson

Baker

Christie

Braithwaite

Asombalonga

Traore

Randolph

Shotton

Fry / Ayala

Gibson

Christie

Clayton

Baker

Howson

Fabio

Assombalonga

Braithwaite / Bamford

I'm just starting to think we need to lose our Clayton addiction . I wonder if he was a pure bred Karanka player. Not progressive enough for how we need to play now.

Nope.

Randolph

Gibson

Ayala

Shotton

Fabio

Howson

Baker

Christie

Braithwaite

Asombalonga

Traore

Randolph

Shotton

Fry / Ayala

Gibson

Christie

Clayton

Baker

Howson

Fabio

Assombalonga

Braithwaite / Bamford

Clayton has been our best player this season, he's the sort of player who a lot of fans don't appreciate until he's not there.

You've answered your own question. Don't you think west brom fans are saying the same about Evans...or Southampton fans saying the same about van dyke?

Except neither of those are nearly as emotionally connected to the club as Gibbo is to us. Not always relevant but if it wasn't, Gibbo would have gone already, I'm pretty sure of that.

Randolph

Gibson

Ayala

Shotton

Fabio

Howson

Baker

Christie

Braithwaite

Asombalonga

Traore

Randolph

Shotton

Fry / Ayala

Gibson

Christie

Clayton

Baker

Howson

Fabio

Assombalonga

Braithwaite / Bamford

Yeah if you want to drop arguably our best player of the season so far, go right ahead and drop Clayton.

The guy is one of the best CMs at this level.

Well on the positive side, it looks like Shotton and Johnson haven't cost too much money. I don't particularly rate either of them and to be honest i cannot for the life of me understand why we have bought them . As for Jota i do hope we stay away from that one. Brentford are having a laugh wanting £8m for him.