oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jota to move to Birmingham, that just does not make sense, I mean, why would he? As for commuting between Brum and London, trust me, (as someone who did it twice a week for a period of time), it is hell on wheels! There are no sounds coming out of WBA as to a late bid for Gibson.

Don't feel remotely gutted about Jota. I'd have liked him here as an option but I still don't see where he fits in. In fact I'm quite happy that if he goes anywhere, he goes to Brum. Out of all the touted options for him, that's the team that I'm least concerned about right now. Maybe he'll make a world of difference to them, could be that he changes their dynamic altogether and we actually should fear them now. But I'd be much more bothered if he went to Fulham or even Hull.

seems pretty obvious to me that jota was a potential replacement for adama. as we didnt get him for whatever reason, we have told adama he's going nowhere. it was always going to be 1 or the other, not both in my opinion. really dont see what the panic is all about.

From what I can see

Non of those saying Johnson is a strange buy panic buy crap buy not good enough have seen him play more than a couple of times the vast majority haven't seen him once or am I wrong

The players the majority of supporters really wanted i.e. Baker and howson have been average. The ones few wanted i.e. Gestede Christie have been some of our most successful

Despite the vitriol Harry gets he does attract players. And players want to play for him

Maybe the club don't want jota as much as the fans do

So what do people think will happen today?  I think:  

Johnson in

Traore out - replaced by a winger on loan

Gibson out - replaced by either a CB included in the deal or Chambers on loan

Hope

Johnson in

Guedioura out on loan

Chambers in

Fry out on loan

Expectation

Johnson in

Guedioura out on loan

From what I can see

Non of those saying Johnson is a strange buy panic buy crap buy not good enough have seen him play more than a couple of times the vast majority haven't seen him once or am I wrong

Who's been saying any of that about Johnson?

Jota to move to Birmingham, that just does not make sense, I mean, why would he? As for commuting between Brum and London, trust me, (as someone who did it twice a week for a period of time), it is hell on wheels! There are no sounds coming out of WBA as to a late bid for Gibson.

That's assuming he lives in London. If he lives outside the M25 his commuting time could have barely changed, he could live as far out as Oxford.

From what I can see

Who's been saying any of that about Johnson?

You really need to read back :)

That's assuming he lives in London. If he lives outside the M25 his commuting time could have barely changed, he could live as far out as Oxford.

Doesn't the train get into Euston in no time

Can anyone remember when Joey Beauchamp moved from Oxford to West Ham and had to leave as he was homesick?

Baffling when American sports stars are told to move 2,000 miles and have no say in the matter.

Doesn't the train get into Euston in no time

Without starting a debate on the shortcomings of Virgin trains, try standing up for an hour and a quarter in a sardine can being buffeted about, and then play football, it just does not make sense. If Brum are the limit of his ambitions then so be it.