oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Spooky how Johnson was having a medical yesterday but still no announcement  :huh:

Gazette said Oxford were sorting out their replacement before letting us confirm it.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spooky how Johnson was having a medical yesterday but still no announcement  :huh:

I thought they were holding it back for PR purposes, so we look active on the final day.

Conspiracy theory would be we're going for Maddison and might pull out of the Johnson deal (unlikely)

BBC Tees are behind the deal as they know Maddo could pronounce it!

Swapping Forshaw for Colback would be like swapping cheese for cheese. What's the point?

Aye. Unless Forshaw or Leadbitter are desperate for a move, it would be pretty pointless.

I thought they were holding it back for PR purposes, so we look active on the final day.

Pretty much what I was thinking too. Everything is already pretty much done if not 100%, I imagine. But leaving it for a while to give the fans something to discuss on deadline day works for them. Quite a few of our transfers have been announced in a way that shows some kind of PR strategy behind them. Howson and Christie for example. They made a day of that one when it was likely done in much less time.

Swapping Forshaw for Colback would be like swapping cheese for cheese. What's the point?

Aye. Unless Forshaw or Leadbitter are desperate for a move, it would be pretty pointless.

We don't have anyone to cover Clayton's role though, and the way he picks up bookings he's guaranteed to miss a few games at some point.  Maybe they see him for that role?

Colback would be a free/loan while we would get money from Forshaw. If Forshaw doesn't play his value will only decrease from now on. Colback can also fill in for Clayton which Forshaw can't. We haven't really got a direct replacement for Clayton, as I don't think Leadbitter has the legs to do that job.

No thanks to Colback. Unless Guedioura wants someone else to train with.

We don't have anyone to cover Clayton's role though, and the way he picks up bookings he's guaranteed to miss a few games at some point.  Maybe they see him for that role?

Leadboots covered it well against S***horpe, I imagine he could do a job there in the Championship too.

BREAKING NEWS

Former Barcelona and ***nal star Alex Song is set for talks with Birmingham, after an agreement was reached with Rubin Kazan.

Can't afford Downing my ***ing ***. He's had us all summer.

JOTA UPDATE

Birmingham City are close to matching their club-record fee, and should sign Jota from Brentford later this afternoon.

He's agreed personal terms, and is now completing the last part of his medical.