oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We really should have prioritised a high quality creative player over spending £6.5 million on a 3rd/4th choice raw striker (Fletcher). It's an utterly bizarre transfer decision.

It's been done to death but people still aren't taking notice. The initial outlay was nowhere near £6.5m, it was probably not even half of that. The rest is in bonuses for goals/promotion.

Basically, like Bamford, if we pay the full amount, it's because he's been one hell of a good signing.

In terms of money, it would have very little bearing on who else we could bring in, though admittedly it would have an effect in terms of squad size.

To be fair on Fletcher, you can see the lads got all the attributes. Monk probs didn't expect to keep Bamford&Gestede. Will be interesting to see who makes the squad with Braithwate back for Bolton. Especially if we're turning down near 10mil for Adama, would be crazy to not include him.

The club making a big deal about the transfer fees and the club making a big deal about banning the reporters aren't the same thing. Two separate incidents.

When did the club make a big deal about banning reporters? They didn't make an announcement about it to my recollection. Unless you meant making a big deal BY banning them.

As for the suggestion that the incidents are separate... well of course, they didn't say "Because the Gazette said this, we're banning 2 reporters" but to imply they aren't linked seems a bit strange. As many others have said, the club targeted fees produced by the Gazette. They didn't blame anybody but the Gazette. They reinforced the idea that anything outside the official website may not be worth listening to in their 2nd article but the only one they mentioned by name was the Gazette.

And around the same time the club ban Jono and Dom from the media room, IIRC. Unless there's something I'm not aware of or have forgotten about, I'm unsure as to how anyone can confidently say these incidents are not linked.

this marvin johnson signing i'm liking. i've often seen the likes on kante, mahrez, vardy etc and thought why didnt we go for them instead of Leicester. i think this johnson lad could be one of those signings other fans will be thinking the same in a couple of years.

The club making a big deal about the transfer fees and the club making a big deal about banning the reporters aren't the same thing. Two separate incidents.

When did the club make a big deal about banning reporters? They didn't make an announcement about it to my recollection. Unless you meant making a big deal BY banning them.

As for the suggestion that the incidents are separate... well of course, they didn't say "Because the Gazette said this, we're banning 2 reporters" but to imply they aren't linked seems a bit strange. As many others have said, the club targeted fees produced by the Gazette. They didn't blame anybody but the Gazette. They reinforced the idea that anything outside the official website may not be worth listening to in their 2nd article but the only one they mentioned by name was the Gazette.

And around the same time the club ban Jono and Dom from the media room, IIRC. Unless there's something I'm not aware of or have forgotten about, I'm unsure as to how anyone can confidently say these incidents are not linked.

Those incidents are not linked.

How did I confidently say this? By typing words.

I'll be happy if we just sign some random foreign player now, I don't mind if it ends up being the next Tarmo Monk as long as it gives us something to talk about.

Garry's son?

Yep, wanted to call him Tom but also integrate a local delicacy. Tom + Parmo = Tarmo Monk

Lol :)

Dom Shaw wasn't allowed into monks introductory press conference from what I heard so that was much further back than the transfer issue.

So we now have 2 left backs and a guy that can play left back....and Newcastle deal for a left back falls through leaving them no left backs.....not saying it will happen but if I was them I'd be enquiring about fabio or George. Just down the road so easy to get there and both have premier league experience.

Sorry, I just wrote that didn't I!!!