oneBoro Forum
boksicdink

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

Window shuts and that's it. The media is stuffed with stories and there is an abundance of theory's and expectation. It's fascinating to see a club virtually change a full team but that's what happened and we retained some key players. There was no big club offers for Gibson which states to me he has been overly rated, which is good for BORO. No signed super stars, so it goes to show how disjointed the club was when we buy ten players of average standard just to compete, and that is all we may be able to achieve, compete. Monk has been backed to the hilt and has little or no excuse but to accumulate points, something he has failed to do so far. It's time for Monk to prove himself, he must! This seasons roller coaster has been slow and bumpy, so lets hope the remainder is a toe curling ride.

Window shuts and that's it. The media is stuffed with stories and there is an abundance of theory's and expectation. It's fascinating to see a club virtually change a full team but that's what happened and we retained some key players. There was no big club offers for Gibson which states to me he has been overly rated, which is good for BORO. No signed super stars, so it goes to show how disjointed the club was when we buy ten players of average standard just to compete, and that is all we may be able to achieve, compete. Monk has been backed to the hilt and has little or no excuse but to accumulate points, something he has failed to do so far. It's time for Monk to prove himself, he must! This seasons roller coaster has been slow and bumpy, so lets hope the remainder is a toe curling ride.

*** me.

*** off you mackem troll

I am amazed that someone has managed to turn keeping Gibson into a negative. It's almost admirable.

Anyway, as is the usual custom, the thread will close this evening, so everyone can make their final thoughts  and feelings on the window known now that the dust has settled.

Let's say 8pm. Or just whenever one of the other mods do it. I'll be in a field watching the Manics about 5 pints deep.

Some good points especially about Monk. Deserved pressure on him to deliver. I don't think we've signed ten average players though to just compete. We've signed some of the best players in this division over recent years and a proven international from the French league.

Player for player I think we have the best squad in this league. It's a league that doesn't require superstars but rather players that know the league.

We've got the personnel and it's now up to the management to find a system and tactics to use it to its maximum and get us out of this league. I hope this international break will be put to good use and the end of the window should provide some calmness as everyone knows where they are for at least the next 4 months.

I am amazed that someone has managed to turn keeping Gibson into a negative. It's almost admirable.

Anyway, as is the usual custom, the thread will close this evening, so everyone can make their final thoughts  and feelings on the window known now that the dust has settled.

Let's say 8pm. Or just whenever one of the other mods do it. I'll be in a field watching the Manics about 5 pints deep.

I'm thinking tomorrow at noon. Evenings usually get a bit more people out due to being off work.

Guess the only real question that remains is how will Traore respond to not being able to leave.

I hope he proves himself able to get his head down and work now. I imagine this will be something revisited in January regardless.

If the rumours are true that he threw a strop because he wasn't in the starting XI, then at least it's because he wanted to play. Although I never agree with going against the managers decisions, there's certainly worse reasons to walk out than wanting to start games, just look at Ross McCormack last year :D

We have had bids from Gibson I know that 100%. The bonus for us is that he didn't want to leave his hometown club unless it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

If this was a young centre back with no affinity to the area he would have gone no doubt.

There was plenty of offers for Gibson, they were all rejected.

I think you're the most defeatist person I have ever seen on here. That or you're a troll/WUM.

Can we not go down this road regarding name calling etc.

As Tom mentioned the transfer thread will shut this evening but I will open a thread entitled post mortem in order that the possible formations more in depth analysis of our wheeling and dealings can be discussed and as SD rightly mentioned just what will be expected from Garry Monk moving ahead.

Personally I think that we have not sorted out previous and from what I have seen current issues regarding middle to front but again hopefully these issues can be discussed in the post mortem thread.

Other than signing another creative midfielder/#10, I dont think we could have done much more this window. Happy enough with it - certainly so much better than the team and window we had when we last went down. Dross out, potential in. Getting rid of Guedioura might have been good (baffling signing in the first place) but as others said here, he has credentials in this league and might yet be of use to us.

Now its time to buckle down and get playing as a proper team, pick and stick with a formation that works for the players we have. There are players there to change a shape and a game also, keep everyone happy and hopefully in January we are talking about that one signing that will boost us through to winning the league!

Is it not still possible traore might go to Spain? Window doesn't shut there till tonight...

If we refused to sell him yesterday, I see no reason we'd sell him today. We can't replace him until January. No emergency loans to even cover us for a few months. Besides, there was only tentative interest at most from Spain going by reports.

*** off you mackem troll

Amazing statement. A Mackem troll, eh. It just goes to prove what little you know about me, but quite frankly, I don't really care for much about people with bad attitude. If at all and it's within your capability, which I doubt, at least try to be constructive and explain what you disagree with. After all I'm more then capable of constructive dialog.

Some good points especially about Monk. Deserved pressure on him to deliver. I don't think we've signed ten average players though to just compete. We've signed some of the best players in this division over recent years and a proven international from the French league.

Player for player I think we have the best squad in this league. It's a league that doesn't require superstars but rather players that know the league.

We've got the personnel and it's now up to the management to find a system and tactics to use it to its maximum and get us out of this league. I hope this international break will be put to good use and the end of the window should provide some calmness as everyone knows where they are for at least the next 4 months.

I agree with you I just wrote the same a different way. Basicaly the team had to change to compete and to do so we bought ten players to do so. I did say, no super stars but that was not to belittle the players we bought but to highlight how poor the previous squad was. As for Gibson I stated none of the big (six) clubs came in with big offers so perhaps he has been over rated, a big positive for us. I do wish some posters would read what is written and not assume.