oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

There was plenty of offers for Gibson, they were all rejected.

I think you're the most defeatist person I have ever seen on here. That or you're a troll/WUM.

Will i fail to see what exactly you quote that make me a defeatist. I'll expand a little on Gibson in that I stated no BIG (six) CLUB OFFERS and should they have been he may well have left. Which could also mean they did not rate him as high as we have. However as I stated that's good news for us.

How do you know there were no big clubs making offers? You're making assumptions based on nothing. Let's look at what we know to be true; ***nal were looking for a CB, City were looking for a CB, Liverpool were looking for a CB. Are you really trying to tell me they haven't made contact with us about Gibson? Logically they would have made contact and probably put speculative bids in, I happen to know that we turned down an offer from more than one of those teams. The clubs position after talking to Ben at the end of last season was that he wouldn't be sold unless a ridiculous offer came in (Iwas told £35m was our minimum).

"I happen to know we turned down an offer from more than one of those teams" - LOL, of course you do buddy.

Do you "happen to know it" because you think it somehow helps to prove your point?

The fact is, that whilst there was speculation about interest from the very top teams, there were no firm bids that were made public - unlike with some lesser teams like West Brom.

Choose to believe it or not, doesn't matter a jot to me.

Go back to sticking pins in your Karanka voodoo doll.

Touchy Will. As for voodoo dolls, I think that's more of an insight in to your mindset mate, not mine. Karanka isn't our manager, so I couldn't give a stuff about him; but I might well respond when people give him undue credit.

Karanka certainly some good strong points, but he had plenty of weaknesses too.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will i fail to see what exactly you quote that make me a defeatist. I'll expand a little on Gibson in that I stated no BIG (six) CLUB OFFERS and should they have been he may well have left. Which could also mean they did not rate him as high as we have. However as I stated that's good news for us.

How do you know there were no big clubs making offers? You're making assumptions based on nothing. Let's look at what we know to be true; ***nal were looking for a CB, City were looking for a CB, Liverpool were looking for a CB. Are you really trying to tell me they haven't made contact with us about Gibson? Logically they would have made contact and probably put speculative bids in, I happen to know that we turned down an offer from more than one of those teams. The clubs position after talking to Ben at the end of last season was that he wouldn't be sold unless a ridiculous offer came in (Iwas told £35m was our minimum).

"I happen to know we turned down an offer from more than one of those teams" - LOL, of course you do buddy.

Do you "happen to know it" because you think it somehow helps to prove your point?

The fact is, that whilst there was speculation about interest from the very top teams, there were no firm bids that were made public - unlike with some lesser teams like West Brom.

Choose to believe it or not, doesn't matter a jot to me.

Go back to sticking pins in your Karanka voodoo doll.

Touchy Will. As for voodoo dolls, I think that's more of an insight in to your mindset mate, not mine. Karanka isn't our manager, so I couldn't give a stuff about him; but I might well respond when people give him undue credit.

Karanka certainly had some good strong points, but he had plenty of weaknesses too.