oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I don't think we'll waste money in the championship, I think a lot of our bad signings in the summer were down to struggling to attract who we wanted so we had to go for 3rd/4th choice options.

Now we're back as one of the bigger clubs again we should be able to get anyone willing to play in the championship.

I bet that's what the Villa fans said!

What have villa got to do with anything? We have a decent history of getting good signings at this level, nothing at all like villa who had an inexperienced owner who thought he could just throw money about.

Erm.. Well the last time our experienced owner took us down we bought Leroy Lita, Mark Yeates and Danny Coyne. Last summer and in January our recruitment left a lot to be desired.

Gordon Strachan outspent the rest of the Championship one summer with us and bought a load of overpriced garbage, he was an experienced manager as well.

There is absolutely no guarantee this season just because we've got money to spend that's my point.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As we found when Rio Ferdinand went to QPR, often these previously excellent defenders are exposed for having rapidly declined in quality when playing in a worse team. Terry is making a smart decision going to a club that is better than most of the opponents they'll be playing each week, rather than going to a lower Prem club and being made to look poor.

However, I reckon he'll be in and out of the team with injury, which we've also seen can cost teams in this league, when Woodgate came back under Mogga.

I wouldn't touch John Terry with a barge pole. Leaving the club he's been with for his entire career, already considering retirement because he's not that bothered about playing on other than for playing on's sake. He'd be a marquee signing and you want to be able to rely on that kind of player. Psychologically, I don't think he'll be up for a fight away from Chelsea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/12/derby-make-1m-bid-liverpools-andre-wisdom/

Telegraph stating Derby looking to raise cash and Will Hughes is available, any takers?

Definately. Has got a lot of potential and always looks up when he is on the ball. Pretty busy too. Would slot in nicely alongside Clayton. Wonder how much he would cost. Will probably depend on Prem interest.

I don't think we'll waste money in the championship, I think a lot of our bad signings in the summer were down to struggling to attract who we wanted so we had to go for 3rd/4th choice options.

Now we're back as one of the bigger clubs again we should be able to get anyone willing to play in the championship.

I bet that's what the Villa fans said!

What have villa got to do with anything? We have a decent history of getting good signings at this level, nothing at all like villa who had an inexperienced owner who thought he could just throw money about.

Erm.. Well the last time our experienced owner took us down we bought Leroy Lita, Mark Yeates and Danny Coyne. Last summer and in January our recruitment left a lot to be desired.

Gordon Strachan outspent the rest of the Championship one summer with us and bought a load of overpriced garbage, he was an experienced manager as well.

There is absolutely no guarantee this season just because we've got money to spend that's my point.

Different manager, different financial circumstances even a different decade ffs the 2 situations are not comparable. I never even mentioned money either, I was on about us spending wisely like we had our last couple of seasons in the championship.

If Monk could persuade Will Hughes to join us, then that would be a coup, a cracking player that always seems to have time on the ball to deliver his pass, and combative with it. I am actually very surprised that Prem teams have not had a dabble as his game would suit a number of teams up there. Watched him last season a number of times and he always shone, especially against Brighton away when he played them off the park.