oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I just can't see Traore ever improving for us, last season he actually got worse as the season went on to a point where he was a liability on the pitch.

I don't see how suddenly he's going to develop the ability to cross the ball or learn how to shoot. I know some of the things he's lacking can be taught but these are the things you learn at school not in your twenties.

His positional sense is absolutely dreadful, he never runs into space behind a full back to receive a pass, he hardly ever runs into the box when we are attacking and he clearly can't defend. All these things without the ball show that his football intelligence is very low but also someone who is very lazy.

I remember a game last season where Leadbitter was trying to tell him to run into space behind the full back, this was going on all game and he just refused to do it.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me and id love to come back on here and eat humble pie one day but I just don't ever see him making it as a top footballer. I'd bite the hands off any club that made a decent offer for him.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh, an expensive 31 year old McGeady doesn't really fill me with confidence. I appreciate that he had a good season at Preston, but I'd rather we spent our money on a younger player with more years in him.

Burnley winger George Boyd is set to leave the club on a free transfer this summer after rejecting a new contract.

He would be a good signing for anyone at this level. Would have him at Boro.

Not really. Will probably be angling for a last big paycheck and he is turning 32 i october. 2 goals and one assist last season in 39 games is hardly breathtaking. Maybe I'm being picky here, but I hope our targets are more ambitious. He is a decent championship player, but we need younger with potential to be here for a longer period. We've already got Downing, and I don't think we need to use our wages on expensive players like McGeady and Boyd who are also approaching thier twillight years and their last "big" contract. I'd rather give Troere a chance.

After his performances in the U20 world cup I'd like to see us land Josh Onomah for the season.

Not unrealistic as he's been warming the Spurs bench all season. A stint in the championship would be a suitable next transition in his development I think.

I've been a big fan of his for a couple of years now. Has the potential to really make it at Spurs with the right support and the right opportunities. Not sure if they'd be willing to sell, but I'd even take him on loan.

Looks like Brighton, Huddersfield and Celtic are after him, so that should rule out a move to the Championship.

On another note, Conte wants both Bakayoko from Monaco and Verratti. Looks like he wants a massive upgrade on his central midfield option so maybe some of their young stars are willing to go out on loan.

God can give two things to a footballer to make him an exceptional player, pace and a football brain, everything else can be coached. Sadly Traore only has one of those gifts, and it will never change.

George Boyd is poor. Mid-table Championship player like a lot of Burnley's players (as individuals).

Sean Dyche must be one of the best managers in the world then!

George Boyd anyone? Leaving Burnley on a free.

Good player but i don't think he's better than what we have.

I can see that but could also see him adding some good options to our midfield. Could play in a 3 man midfield or further forward in other formations.

Everyone seems unenthusiastic about Traore, which I think is a bit unfair. First off, people seem to forget that he's still a young lad. Like anyone of his age he is work in progress. No one would deny that he has blistering pace and technical skill. His main faults are a lack of awareness - reading the game - and teamwork. Hopefully, that can be learned. Pace cannot be learned. And the same applies to technical skill really - you've either got it or you haven't. I think he should be given a good run-out. The Champo could be the making of him.

Just watch this and imagine that it was a 21-year-old player that we were interested in now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjtHbMRMce4

He has 2 good attributes which are pace and dribbling ability. His passing is subpar, his crossing, shooting and decision making is awful as is his positioning; barring positioning I'd say those are all technical attributes and ones he doesn't possess. Everyone is unenthusiastic about him because he has shown no improvement over the course of the season, not once has he ever reached the level of performance he showed against ***nal away from home. Generally when people are learning they show gradual and continual improvement which hasn't been the case under 2 managers here or under 3 different managers at Villa (granted that's a largely bad bunch of 5 managers but still). The lad isn't really a footballer and is yet to show anything outside the ability to beat a man. It's clear he was brought in as a project and not to be starting.