oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

I never want to see Ramirez in a Middlesbrough shirt again. He was our most creative player, pivotal in our promotion, but he turned his back on us when we needed him the most. I've never been more angry at a player than when watching his performance against Bournemouth away. I don't care what the reason was for his sudden betrayal (falling out with Aitor, personal problems etc), he doesn't deserve another chance.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest guys I really think to fully fund a war chest for Monk then a big fee out-going player will be needed to facilitate the spending he will have to do in order that those famous words of our Chairman can remotely become possible.

Yes De Roon has been mentioned and others will command a certain fee but unless we get a bid of 20M+ for Gibson then it could be the case of famous last words

I never want to see Ramirez in a Middlesbrough shirt again. He was our most creative player, pivotal in our promotion, but he turned his back on us when we needed him the most. I've never been more angry at a player than when watching his performance against Bournemouth away. I don't care what the reason was for his sudden betrayal (falling out with Aitor, personal problems etc), he doesn't deserve another chance.

To a degree I think the same sort of thing could be said and aimed at Daniel Ayala :-/

BREAKING NEWS

Hull City have received bids for Harry Maguire and Andrew Robertson. Both players are close to completing deals to leave the club.

I wonder if Boro are going in for him?

Maguire to Leicester and Robertson to Liverpool

It was the performance at Stoke that got me if I remember rightly.  At Bournemouth he was at least trying - trying to cheat to win a penalty, trying to get sent off with a daft tackle - but at Stoke he couldn't have look less interested in playing football if he'd walked out wearing nothing but a banana hammock and sunglasses carrying an inflatable.

To a degree I think the same sort of thing could be said and aimed at Daniel Ayala :-/

In what sense?

Ramirez was gutless and essentially spat in the face of the man and club who took a massive risk and rescued his career when his only other option was going back to Penarol. I never want to see Gaston Ramirez pull on this clubs colours again.

I don't see how anything Ayala has done compares to that.

To be honest guys I really think to fully fund a war chest for Monk then a big fee out-going player will be needed to facilitate the spending he will have to do in order that those famous words of our Chairman can remotely become possible.

Yes De Roon has been mentioned and others will command a certain fee but unless we get a bid of 20M+ for Gibson then it could be the case of famous last words

I really don't think this is the case at all. Unless a deal for Ben has been bubbling under for a month or so, and the money is definitely coming in for him, I don't think Monk would take a job on the off-chance that player sales will raise enough cash for him to make signings. I think Gibson was a little less impulsive than he could have been last year in order to save us from having to sell in order to buy this year.

£30m seems a reasonable amount for a promotion push, considering the amount we made from TV money and parachute payments. Any player sales would be added to that.

BREAKING NEWS

Hull City have received bids for Harry Maguire and Andrew Robertson. Both players are close to completing deals to leave the club.

Was gonna say, pretty sure Robertson to Liverpool was pretty much done weeks ago.

Bet KM will be thinking we've dodged a bullet allowing Leicester to take Maguire, though.

We don't have to buy every player we need. Most teams in this league has got at least one loan player, and I think we will be a fairly attractive club for clubs to loan players to and for players to come here on loan. I reckon at least one of the starting spots will be a loan, thus allowing extra spending elsewhere.

I don't have a problem with loans, good way of getting better players in that you couldn't usually afford, Huddersfield wouldn't have got near promotion without their loan players.

BREAKING NEWS

Was gonna say, pretty sure Robertson to Liverpool was pretty much done weeks ago.

Bet KM will be thinking we've dodged a bullet allowing Leicester to take Maguire, though.

Phew. ;)

I'm going to say something here in defence of KM. I'm actually not sure that a Maguire/Gibson partnership would have been that ideal.