oneBoro Forum
boksicdink

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

David Stockdale has signed for Birmingham.

I thought he was homesick, so then he signs for a club not in his hometown?

What? He must be getting well paid, is Harry splashing the cash already?!

I thought he was homesick, so then he signs for a club not in his hometown?

Birmingham is closer to Leeds than Brighton is, to be fair.

Wow Birmingham is an interesting choice.

I wonder if that indicates we didn't show any interest, or maybe 'Arry is splashing some dough around that we wouldn't.

That's actually a bit lame, I wanted Stockdale :(

I'm quite keen to give Ripley a chance this year. Just look at Pickford at Sunderland, give them a chance.

Assombalonga would be a real statement. Anyone else get a feeling Bamford might not feature as much this year as most people think he will?

I'm quite keen to give Ripley a chance this year. Just look at Pickford at Sunderland, give them a chance.

Assombalonga would be a real statement. Anyone else get a feeling Bamford might not feature as much this year as most people think he will?

Yes, I can´t see Bamford playing a major role here next season. He´s a decent backup, but I have my doubts if he can ever make it at a higher level than the championship.

As for Ripley, I agree that he should be given the chance, but I feel it will be too big of a gamble to rely on him as first choice keeper. We need to bring in someone more experienced if it does not work out.

Think Bamford will have a major role. Last time he was down here he was player of the year and now he has an even bigger point to prove. And from the demands Monk has to his players Bamford should fit right in. Professional, hard working and dedicated.

Bamford will be a major player.

Think Bamford will have a major role. Last time he was down here he was player of the year and now he has an even bigger point to prove. And from the demands Monk has to his players Bamford should fit right in. Professional, hard working and dedicated.

He was outstanding for us last time. Needs a massive shot of confidence, but there's no doubting his potential ability and he seems determined.

Yes, I can´t see Bamford playing a major role here next season. He´s a decent backup, but I have my doubts if he can ever make it at a higher level than the championship.

As for Ripley, I agree that he should be given the chance, but I feel it will be too big of a gamble to rely on him as first choice keeper. We need to bring in someone more experienced if it does not work out.

But...we're in the Championship?

We spent a fair old whack of money on Bamford, with, I assume, an eye on the Championship (it certainly can't have been to play in the Premier League because he barely got a look-in). It would be baffling to also leave him out now.