oneBoro Forum

Summer Transfer Thread, (Closes 8pm tonight)

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we gonna play with pace on the wings, will Downing play central? Or will he be benched?

I wonder how his contract looks, he got a big raise and bonus when we got promoted, does he have a wage decrease clause too?

I can see Downing being a good fit in this type of system centrally. But even so we'd still lack alternative options there. So would think/hope he'd face genuine competition in due course.

I personally hope we hang onto Traore. Even with his limitations, his pace alone could be a frightening weapon at this level.

Plus a year where he isn't up against some of the best full-backs in Europe could give him chance to work on his crossing and other aspects of his game.

Couldn't agree more. Especially if we reinforce that position with an alternative.

A fit Asombalonga is lethal.

My Forest fan mate reckons he's back to his best as well but Forest's new owners have stated there may have to be sales to allow purchases...

Hope so. Would fit Monk's likely system well. Bamford might find himself on the sidelines.

We spent a fair old whack of money on Bamford, with, I assume, an eye on the Championship (it certainly can't have been to play in the Premier League because he barely got a look-in). It would be baffling to also leave him out now.

A very good point but Garry Monk didn't buy him. If he doesn't like what he sees from Bamford in training, he won't play.

Boro are only after €10m for MDR. Why do we always value our players so low? Just look at Sunderland, they're going to get £30m for Pickford. We should be looking to make a profit on MDR not a *** loss.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/price-set-middlesbrough-midfielder-interest-abroad-two-different-claims/

That article does say that that figure seems low considering what we paid and how he performed.

We spent a fair old whack of money on Bamford, with, I assume, an eye on the Championship (it certainly can't have been to play in the Premier League because he barely got a look-in). It would be baffling to also leave him out now.

A very good point but Garry Monk didn't buy him. If he doesn't like what he sees from Bamford in training, he won't play.

Aye, but then Monk has to convince Gibbo to shell out on a striker, after already buying two in January. If he can't do that, Bamford will have to play!

Stockdale to Birmingham is very strange. Though I can't imagine they're keeping Harry Redknapp on without expecting a proper promotion push this season. Could be one to watch out for.

Just a note on the Taylor refusal situation. I was reading through the Leeds forum looking for Monk info and loads of people said Taylor was carrying a knock and he had asked Monk to not select him unless absolutely neccesary so he didnt make it worse. When they couldn't make the play-offs Monk still tried to select him and thats when Taylor refused to play.

Boro are only after €10m for MDR. Why do we always value our players so low? Just look at Sunderland, they're going to get £30m for Pickford. We should be looking to make a profit on MDR not a *** loss.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/price-set-middlesbrough-midfielder-interest-abroad-two-different-claims/

It says we're after €13m further down, so it look as though it's conflicting reports. 

You can't really compare Pickford to De Roon either. His nationality and age make the majority of his fee potential. How much we sell Gibson for, if we do, is a better comparison.

Think bamford will definately feature, towards the end of the season when he actually started getting games he was probably our best attacking outlet. I know it's not saying much but he was still having an impact in the premiership and is more than good enough for the championship.

Got 23 goals after a slow start last time it would be daft for him not to feature heavily, bamford and assombalonga could easily replicate bony and Michu.

Yeah, KM man you clearly didn't actually read the article.

Oops. Wouldn't be the first time but you get the jist of what I'm saying. :D

Think bamford will definately feature, towards the end of the season when he actually started getting games he was probably our best attacking outlet. I know it's not saying much but he was still having an impact in the premiership and is more than good enough for the championship.

Got 23 goals after a slow start last time it would be daft for him not to feature heavily, bamford and assombalonga could easily replicate bony and Michu.

19* would have been 20 but he missed a penalty after him and Kike were arguing over it. Agree with your point though.

It says we're after €13m further down, so it look as though it's conflicting reports. 

You can't really compare Pickford to De Roon either. His nationality and age make the majority of his fee potential. How much we sell Gibson for, if we do, is a better comparison.

In the title of the article it does mention that there is two different claims in regard to the fee we want. Further down it went onto say we are looking for €13m which lazio seem to be unwilling to match so far.

As long as we get our money back or as near to it as possible and id be gappy, not happy to see de roon go because i like the lad seemed very humble.