oneBoro Forum

Boro v Liverpool (a) 0-3

Our recruitment department identifying Guzon probably had no idea how things would work with Valdes and he has done us no favours with injuries etc.

Guzon just typifies how our season has gone

The problem is we signed two players for the same position because I don't think we were entirely convinced about either of them. Common sense would say that if you aren't convinced by two players you don't buy both of them, you buy neither of them and find someone that you are convinced by. Common sense and Boro don't appear to go hand in hand at the moment however.

I don't think this was the case. Guzan was signed so that Dimi wasn't our back up. I don't think there was ever any doubt about Valdes tbh.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Our recruitment department identifying Guzon probably had no idea how things would work with Valdes and he has done us no favours with injuries etc.

Guzon just typifies how our season has gone

The problem is we signed two players for the same position because I don't think we were entirely convinced about either of them. Common sense would say that if you aren't convinced by two players you don't buy both of them, you buy neither of them and find someone that you are convinced by. Common sense and Boro don't appear to go hand in hand at the moment however.

I don't think this was the case. Guzan was signed so that Dimi wasn't our back up. I don't think there was ever any doubt about Valdes tbh.

Maybe mate but he only played about 10 games over the previous two years so I think that there might have been some doubts about where he'd be at physically.  I don't think we signed Guzan simply to oust Dimi.

Are we still gonna have people defending Guzan?

Find me someone who's been defending Guzan? Everyone knows he's ***.

We're having a hard enough time finding people to defend in front of Guzan ffs!

Downing gets the ball and we have a chance to break & instead no one makes any runs and he has to  stop and try and go backwards.

Well it seems a bit pointless trying something different now with only 15 mins of the season remaining.

End of the day there's always the scapegoats that'll pick up the blame (Agnew, Downing, Guzan) but the harsh truth is every single player and all the staff past and present need to take blame for the season.

They've all been absolutely turd to the nth degree.