oneBoro Forum

Boro v Liverpool (a) 0-3

A weird unnecessary accusation of Valdes having attitude problems in there.

There is an alternative theory that Valdes has a massive appearance bonus and that we decided not to play him once relegation was overwhelmingly likely in order to save on that. 

But that isn't mentioned, whereas a baseless dig at the player is.

See now that I could actually see.

What a weird stance to take. Tallentire has had some bizarre reporting lately.

But you couldn't see a player not wanting to play because he might not have the best attitude???  I think that's a perfectly reasonable explanation and as we've already seen it from one player this season it seems a bit odd that people can't accept it.  It must be because of the many years of service that Valdes has given the club.

Valdes last played in the game against Burnley.  We weren't relegated for another four or five games so that appearance bonus excuse doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me based on that.  He was either injured and is still genuinely injured, was injured and is now fit but doesn't want to play or was never injured in the first place and just didn't want to play.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

So it wasn’t to be, Dimi Konstantopoulos didn’t make his long awaited Premier League debut at Liverpool.

It’s a shame that such a decent, hard-working keeper didn’t achieve his top flight ambition.

However, Steve Agnew’s decision made sense. In his opinion, he picked the strongest XI from the players available to him.

We may disagree with his final starting line-up but there can be no room for sentiment in competitive fixtures

It made no sense.  It wasn't a competitive fixture for us, we could have won or lost 10-0 and it wouldn't have made any difference to our season.  Dimi has done more for this club than either Valdes or Guzan and should have been given an opportunity to play at least once in the Premier League.

Picking the strongest XI is a ridiculous enough point to make anyway.  Negredo is a better player than Gestede and de Roon is a better player than Leadbitter in my opinion.  Forshaw has also been poor for a while although he looked a little brighter yesterday in fairness. Bringing Ayala on was puzzling unless there was an injury to Fabio? (I didn't notice tbh)  Finally we still had one substitution to make so at 3-0 and with the game gone we could easily have made the change.  It was small minded, mean spirited crap from Agnew and that's just one of the reasons I want him out of the club.  On the off chance that the Gazette bods are reading this then please get a grip guys and stop being so sycophantic.  Have a bit of ***ing pride at least.

I struggle to believe a player that hasn't played football for 2 years and came to middlesbrough for playing time would willingly miss games and potentially tar his reputation, yes.

That's just me though. I know you probably think otherwise and that's cool man, you do you :)

How on earth was Agnew's decision justified?

Because Tallentire wants to blow as much smoke as possible up the club's *** so that he can start getting good biscuits again.

Fixed it for you MMC

I struggle to believe a player that hasn't played football for 2 years and came to middlesbrough for playing time would willingly miss games and potentially tar his reputation, yes.

That's just me though. I know you probably think otherwise and that's cool man, you do you :)

I have no idea.  I assumed he was just injured and had no reason to think anything more of it.  

What about a player whose career was going nowhere trying to engineer a move a few months after signing for us?  Would you believe that? It's just that back in January when this first started to come out we had a lot of people on here saying it was *** but it wasn't was it? It was true.  I have no reason to think that this also can't be true.  

What we know as fact is that he hasn't played the last seven games of the season for us.  We also know that there are some rumours about just how injured he is.  There might be nothing in that or there might be.  It's not something I find difficult to believe though at all.

I really couldn't give a *** about this game, but one thing really irked me about Bamford's 'penalty' and it was regarding the fact that he didn't even attempt to get a shot away. He was too busy trying to win a penalty. What was that all about?

I really couldn't give a *** about this game, but one thing really irked me about Bamford's 'penalty' and it was regarding the fact that he didn't even attempt to get a shot away. He was too busy trying to win a penalty. What was that all about?

I think some players do that now anyway but if you want a possible explanation I'd say it would have been on his weaker foot, his confidence is still probably not where it needs to be and the possibility of getting someone sent off has to be a factor as well I guess.  So I can see why he didn't but yeah I would have tried to take a shot as well.

I don't have a problem with people thinking that Valdes is feigning injury, but I think it's a bit off for Tallentire to use his platform to put it into an article, and giving credence to something that may not have any truth in it.

I have no idea.  I assumed he was just injured and had no reason to think anything more of it.  

What about a player whose career was going nowhere trying to engineer a move a few months after signing for us?  Would you believe that? It's just that back in January when this first started to come out we had a lot of people on here saying it was *** but it wasn't was it? It was true.  I have no reason to think that this also can't be true.  

What we know as fact is that he hasn't played the last seven games of the season for us.  We also know that there are some rumours about just how injured he is.  There might be nothing in that or there might be.  It's not something I find difficult to believe though at all.

Ramirez has been plagued with attitude issues all through his career though (or rumours of anyway) which is what makes that rumour far more believable to me than valdes

At the end of the day though, you're right, all we know is he hasn't played for 7 games. No more, no less.

Maybe dimis contract is automatically extended if he appears in the Prem. That would my best guess as tho why he hasn't played. Playing Guzan these games has just been pointless.

Maybe dimis contract is automatically extended if he appears in the Prem. That would my best guess as tho why he hasn't played. Playing Guzan these games has just been pointless.

Not if you read Tallentire's article....

The whole thing is a joke, they make out that if we had Dimi in goal then it could have been a cricket score. Guzan isn't exactly Neuer now is he?