oneBoro Forum

OneBoro End of Season Awards 2016/17

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

Only one choice - Ben Gibson

GOAL OF THE SEASON

Stuani vs Sunderland (first one, away)

BEST MATCH

Oxford at home in the FA Cup - good game of football and a great strike from Rudy

WORST MATCH

Where do you start? Palace Away, Hull Away, West Ham home, Stoke away, Bournemouth away. basically, every home game and most away after October

BEST SIGNING

Chambers on loan

WORST SIGNING

De Roon - we got mugged, big time

BEST MOMENT OF THE SEASON

The final whistle at Anfield last Sunday

WORST MOMENT OF THE SEASON

Karanka blaming the fans after the West Ham match

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT

The in-fighting between fans on Karanka

HERO OF THE SEASON

My mate Vicky and another chap in the North West corner dealing with a bloke who had a fit during the Sunderland match. true heroes.

VILLAIN OF THE SEASON

Karanka. He put us in this position we're in now

And Ramirez. Horrid man

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

WORST SIGNING

De Roon - we got mugged, big time

Really? I completely accept that he wasn't as good as we were expecting for the price tag but when we've signed Guedioura, Barragan and Ramirez in the same season I just can't fathom how you have De Roon as your worst signing...

I just don't see how we payed £12m for him. for me, he's no better than Clayton or Leadbitter, apart from popping up with a few goals.

I just don't get the hype. seems like a good bloke but I think that money could have been better spent.

VFM maybe?

That can be the only thing, although I'd say we've had better value for money from him than we have Barragan or Guedioura.

I just don't see how we payed £12m for him. for me, he's no better than Clayton or Leadbitter, apart from popping up with a few goals.

I just don't get the hype. seems like a good bloke but I think that money could have been better spent.

Surely that's part of it though, he's the only one of our midfielders to have provided any real goal threat. I disagree that he's no better than Leadbitter, I think he's significantly better, just like Clayton is.

I agree that the money could've been better spent probably but then I'm not sure I'd want to hand it to the people in charge of our transfers...

So you're labelling him a villain based on something that may have happened but you don't actually know for certain what did happen in actuality.  I believe that's why Humpty questioned your reasoning right there my friend.

I am well aware of that. But if we can't discuss anything based on articles or rumours, then 95 % of all posts on here would have to be removed or questioned in the same manner. I fail to see how my reasoning for Downing is almost deemed invalid when picking Ramirez isn't.

I have used the same method to pick Downing as my Villain as everyone else picking Ramirez. I, too, find Ramirez to be a villain. But I base that on articles, rumours and everything in between, and so do everyone picking Ramirez. If for performance only, no one would pick Ramirez, statistically he was not the worst at all.

I am well aware of that. But if we can't discuss anything based on articles or rumours, then 95 % of all posts on here would have to be removed or questioned in the same manner. I fail to see how my reasoning for Downing is almost deemed invalid when picking Ramirez isn't.

I have used the same method to pick Downing as my Villain as everyone else picking Ramirez. I, too, find Ramirez to be a villain. But I base that on articles, rumours and everything in between, and so do everyone picking Ramirez. If for performance only, no one would pick Ramirez, statistically he was not the worst at all.

You haven't used the same method because we know what happened with Ramirez whilst you're guessing about Downing.

funny how this debate/arguement or whatever each person percieves it as , has gone off in tangents ,now some folk are being called out for using "VILLAIN" to describe SD, And argueing whether its the correct term ,,  its probably not the word most  would have used but take a breath and re read the OP . its merely the word or term used in that and im sure when it was typed it wasnt expected to be disected as an appropriate term to use, 

Humpty, dont take this seriously for gods sake but youve been having a go at those who are slating Downing but looking at your own choices you managed to have quite a dig at Karanka on more than 1 occasion , im fine with that as its your choice and im not asking you to justify it  as  he did  dissapoint  after a promising start  and did have his faults  (manmanagement , negative tactics)   just  pointing out your grievance with an individual is at least as  severe as ours with a different individual.

You haven't used the same method because we know what happened with Ramirez whilst you're guessing about Downing.

Source? Or recap. I understand if you can't be bothered digging it up.

PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Ben Gibson

GOAL OF THE SEASON - Ramirez against Bournemouth

BEST MATCH - Beating Sunderland 2-1

WORST MATCH - Bournemouth 4-0

BEST SIGNING - Negredo

WORST SIGNING - Agnew

BEST MOMENT OF THE SEASON - De Roons vs city

WORST MOMENT OF THE SEASON - Agnew appointment / Sacking Karanka

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT - Steve Agnew

HERO OF THE SEASON - Traore, possibly the only think I enjoyed about us all year

VILLAIN OF THE SEASON - Agnew

You need to drop this insinuation that my opinion is based on nationality or locality as well.

Bet you've never had a paella in your life you bigot.

I've never had a paella but that's not cos of bigotry it's just because I hate Spain, Spaniards and everything to do with that stupid country!!!  :@

Petition to the mods to change CT's name to Chorizo Time.

I'd prefer if his name were changed to Chico Time.

funny how this debate/arguement or whatever each person percieves it as , has gone off in tangents ,now some folk are being called out for using "VILLAIN" to describe SD, And argueing whether its the correct term ,,  its probably not the word most  would have used but take a breath and re read the OP . its merely the word or term used in that and im sure when it was typed it wasnt expected to be disected as an appropriate term to use, 

Humpty, dont take this seriously for gods sake but youve been having a go at those who are slating Downing but looking at your own choices you managed to have quite a dig at Karanka on more than 1 occasion , im fine with that as its your choice and im not asking you to justify it  as  he did  dissapoint  after a promising start  and did have his faults  (manmanagement , negative tactics)   just  pointing out your grievance with an individual is at least as  severe as ours with a different individual.

That's fine Essuaitch. My problem is the labelling of someone as a villain for reasons that are purely based on guess work.

My critique of Karanka is not subjective. He failed on numerous levels to manage the team at this level to a sufficient standard.