oneBoro Forum

Pre-Season complete Fixtures/results page 1 - The big kick off awaits

Hate him or love him, he's a hell of a player at this level. It's a long season and he can play a massive part in our success if he's here. I can't imagine he will be harboring any warm feelings after that reaction and the chanting that followed

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree with you Tudders. It's just fricken childish. I've never booed a Boro player. I've never shouted at ANY player to *** off or made the w****ker sign when a opposing player misses a penalty. More than being childish its cowardly too

The way I see it is if Garry Monk uses GR in the squad or actually plays him then we simply must accept it as we are not the Manager of MFC nor are we under pressure to gain promotion. Therefore as supporters we get behind each and every player despite past tribulations and antics until players in question leave.

Unity and support from us fans is important and total backing is the way forward.

Sure have a moan and groan after the game if you wish but to boo a player as he steps onto the field is in my mind unbelievable and certainly counter productive and really makes no sense at all.

There was a small section of fans being vocal against Gaston, a group close to the southwest corner, then a group on the left hand side of the dugout being quite vocal in support of him. The rest were quite neurtal it seemed.

I would have booed Ramirez when he came on. If I was sat with the lads telling him to *** off, I probably would have joined in.

I think what him and his agent have done are bloody pathetic more than anything.

It's not my bag, I don't think I've booed in my life. When I was growing up my thoughts were always if you're going to boo save it til the end as it doesn't do any good during the game when the players need support, you can let them know how you feel afterward. I understand this is a friendly and a different situation but my ethos has stuck with me.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that. I don't really like to boo during a game either. Booing after the final whistle is also collective.

There's no better time or way to make your feelings known to a player then when he comes on or off the field though. And If I'd have been there today, I'd want to tell him what I think of him.

Because that would in some way help the club or player? If not, then surely it's counter-productive and, frankly, selfish.

Of course it's selfish. It's my personal feelings towards him right now and that's how I would have reacted. I'm not going to chastise anybody for not booing him because that's purely how I feel about him. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Of course it doesn't help the club (though I'd point out it's a bloody friendly, give over) but why on earth would I want to help the player? He's a tit, he's not going to be here much longer (hopefully) and whether by association with his agent or through his own means, he's guilty.

I would have booed Ramirez when he came on. If I was sat with the lads telling him to *** off, I probably would have joined in.

I think what him and his agent have done are bloody pathetic more than anything.

It's not my bag, I don't think I've booed in my life. When I was growing up my thoughts were always if you're going to boo save it til the end as it doesn't do any good during the game when the players need support, you can let them know how you feel afterward. I understand this is a friendly and a different situation but my ethos has stuck with me.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that. I don't really like to boo during a game either. Booing after the final whistle is also collective.

There's no better time or way to make your feelings known to a player then when he comes on or off the field though. And If I'd have been there today, I'd want to tell him what I think of him.

Because that would in some way help the club or player? If not, then surely it's counter-productive and, frankly, selfish.

Of course it's selfish. It's my personal feelings towards him right now and that's how I would have reacted. I'm not going to chastise anybody for not booing him because that's purely how I feel about him. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Of course it doesn't help the club (though I'd point out it's a bloody friendly, give over) but why on earth would I want to help the player? He's a tit, he's not going to be here much longer (hopefully) and whether by association with his agent or through his own means, he's guilty.

While he's on the pitch though you want him to be focused and booing him can negatively impact him, thereby making the on the pitch performance worse and potentially bringing down morale of the rest of the team as well.

Booing is for tits.

I'm going to draw a line under this now before the name-calling gets ridiculous once again, just saying that I would have booed him and I fully understand and appreciate why others did.

I also appreciate why the majority don't and why small sections even supported. I certainly wouldn't do the latter for the individual in question because of what he's done and I've been persistently vocal about my feelings about that throughout this debate on the forum.