oneBoro Forum

Pre-Season complete Fixtures/results page 1 - The big kick off awaits

Boro squad in Portugal

Goalkeepers:

Dimi Konstantopoulos, Connor Ripley, Aynsley Pears

Defenders:

Fabio, Cyrus Christie, Ben Gibson, Daniel Ayala, Alex Baptiste, Dael Fry, Hayden Coulson, George Friend

Midfielders:

Grant Leadbitter, Adam Clayton, Adam Forshaw, Jonny Howson, Marten de Roon, Alex Pattison, Enes Mahmutovic, Marcus Tavernier, Mikael Soisalo, Adama Traore, Stewart Downing, Harry Chapman, Gaston Ramirez

Forwards:

Cristhian Stuani, Patrick Bamford, Rudy Gestede

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/boro-arrive-in-portugal-for-pre-season-training-camp

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GK - Ripley / Dimi / Pears

RB - Fabio / Christie

CB - Gibson / Ayala / Baptiste / Fry

LB - Friend / Coulson

CM - Leadbitter / Clayton / Forshaw / Howson / de Roon / Mahmutovic / Pattison

RW - Soisalo / Traore / Chapman

LW - Tavernier / Downing

AM - Ramirez

ST - Stuani / Bamford / Gestede

Those are how the team breaks down in terms of positions. There's a few of those kids who can cover other positions too:

Mahmutovic (CB)

Pattison (AM)

Soisalo (ST)

Chapman (LW)

Mejias & Husband have not travelled

Neither has Guediola.

Still not returned from extended international break, has he?

Unless he was given longer than Gibbo and De Roon, he should've reported back on Friday I believe.

Yeah agree about that. HE should be in asap and trying to impress the new manager in a league where he knows he can handle himself. He'll probably end up at some middle eastern team for a undisclosed fee, and all we can hope for is that most of the fee we agreed with Watford was subject to survival.

If i was Guedioura, having had the season i'd just had, i would've been back first week, let alone not returning for the training camp to Portugal.

True, I guess we won't know how the club is going to spin it until he does show up and if it is indeed a lack of commitment then that's a shame as, despite the sheer number of central midfield candidates in our squad, I think the fella can do a job in this division.

Worth baring in mind that (from a quick google), Guedioura is also a Muslim so would likely have been fasting throughout the off-period too. So if he was on international duty as well, he could have needed that extra time to recover.

If i was Guedioura, having had the season i'd just had, i would've been back first week, let alone not returning for the training camp to Portugal.

True, I guess we won't know how the club is going to spin it until he does show up and if it is indeed a lack of commitment then that's a shame as, despite the sheer number of central midfield candidates in our squad, I think the fella can do a job in this division.

Worth baring in mind that (from a quick google), Guedioura is also a Muslim so would likely have been fasting throughout the off-period too. So if he was on international duty as well, he could have needed that extra time to recover.

As did Traore albeit without being on int. duty.