oneBoro Forum

Boro clarify transfer facts - Gazette will not interview the manager or players

Desktop link

Dominic Shaw & Jonathon Taylor are banned from the home first team and under-23 fixtures along with press conferences at Rockliffe

"No proper explanation has been provided for the restrictions placed on Shaw and Taylor.

It is with deep regret that The Gazette is in this position. But as it stands we will not interview the manager and players or take up press passes for our writers for home games."

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-fc-press-box-ban-13408516

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

The Gazette are doing a good job of playing the victim here - are they trying to turn sections of the fans against the club? No need to put this out there in the style they did and the bridges are being burned here.

They could have dealt with this internally and tried to resolve it without airing dirty laundry the Monday before a season starts...

The club is fighting a losing battle here unless they give a proper explanation. If the season starts off badly there will be no reason for the gazette to hold back on criticism. The club is being very foolish here.

As it stands right now, this arrangement is not productive for either.

Shaw and Taylor must have done something fairly major to be treated like this and I agree the paper shouldn't have acted the way they have by airing it all. They should have just sent Vickers and Tallentire in the meantime and try to have this resolved behind closed doors. Nobody would have noticed.

The gazette ibviously think their journalists have not done anything wrong and are trying to support their staff. The club have a slightly different view. As stated above one if the parties need to come clean resolve things then move on. This appears really childish and unprofessional.

"No proper explanation" is completely different to "no explanation". I'd infer from that that some sort of explanation has been given by the club but the Gazette disagree on the reason why.

After some digging, it would appear to another Boro fan/journalist that the club have gave information but only in the form of what their gripe is NOT to do with. So sounds more like Gazette being inquisitive have asked if it's related to x, y and z and the club have responded no to each of them.

See this thread:

I very much doubt this is a case of one strike and your out here. My thoughts are that these two must have pee'd the club of on more than one occasion and you would have to think been warned about the consequences.

As for me I support the Boro not the Gazette. I also don't see why the club need to wash this in public though , despite the Gazette taking it upon themselves to do so, and agree this could better have been resolved behind closed doors

Gibson will have sanctioned this so I very much doubt he will be the one to back down!

I very much doubt this is a case of one strike and your out here. My thoughts are that these two must have pee'd the club of on more than one occasion and you would have to think been warned about the consequences.

As for me I support the Boro not the Gazette. I also don't see why the club need to wash this in public though , despite the Gazette taking it upon themselves to do so, and agree this could better have been resolved behind closed doors

Gibson will have sanctioned this so I very much doubt he will be the one to back down!

I agree, the Gazette is pretty irrelevant, it's the club that the fans support and that's not going to change, just because the Gazette are no longer publishing sterile interviews with the players.

They've shut off the comments on the Gazette article. Anyone else think it's hypocritical to complain about being allowed freedom of press and opinion, then in the same breath disable the comment section because of the negative posts?

They should have either gone whole hog and released the reasons behind them being banned, or sorted it all out behind closed doors without kicking up a fuss. This whole saga stinks of playing the victim and attempting to manipulate readers into sympathy when we don't have the full facts...

This is all seriously weird.

It doesn't particularly bother me although I have talked to Taylor on twitter a little in the past and he seems a sound guy so feel a bit gutted for him.