Boro clarify transfer facts - Gazette will not interview the manager or players

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

This is getting embarrassingly pathetic from the club. If they were bothered about the inaccuracies and not just ***ting on a local business which employs hard working teessiders (where have I heard that before?) then they would contact the paper directly with the correct figures.

I don't think the club have done anything wrong? If the gazette just edits it to the correct numbers the people who have already seen it will be none the wiser, the club have every right to come out and clarify the facts

Why don't they do it behind closed doors or better still work with the Gazette to ensure the facts are right in the first place? It's unprofessional and shows the club up in a bad light.

The club are just coming across as petty and have been for a while. I think its hardly a coincidence they cut off the Gazette right when they gave their own website a re-vamp and started pushing their own social media channels more.

I'd also like to point out that I posted inaccurate information about parachute payments but I didn't get them from the Gazette.  They were in other papers a year ago.  The club can't have been bothered about national newspapers printing inaccuracies then for some reason...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/may/15/hull-sunderland-middlesbrough-relegation-premier-league-championship

The club are just coming across as petty and have been for a while. I think its hardly a coincidence they cut off the Gazette right when they gave their own website a re-vamp and started pushing their own social media channels more.

Agreed, I thought they were being petty over the backroom staff saga too along with other instances. We don't seem to be the same "friendly" club we used to be - which is a shame as I liked that club persona.

Do the club actually think any of us really care that much?

I couldn't give a *** whether the Gaztette's figures are right to two decimal places or not.

Infact I think the Gazette have always been overly supportive of the club, after the shambles of last year Vickers and Tallantire were still toeing the party line even to the point where they were losing credibility over it.