Boro clarify transfer facts - Gazette will not interview the manager or players

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

If there is stuff you don't want out then don't tell anyone. And I don't think the gazette was first to write about britts salary. Think it was actually the Nottingham post.

For a paper that are the clubs mouthpiece they aren't doing very well......half the writers are banned

News just in: Circumstances can change.

Passed that degree in stating the bleeding obvious then :)

If there is stuff you don't want out then don't tell anyone. And I don't think the gazette was first to write about britts salary. Think it was actually the Nottingham post.

Perhaps the Post got that info from the Gazette? Vickers mentioned to me on Twitter the other day that they do all work together to provide information on transfers, they have mutual agreements between most the local papers to get the exclusives. So bad info at the Gazette would mean bad info at the Post and it would still come from this end despite who goes to print first.

Who was the gazette guy that "accidentally " mentioned Britt in a tweet the deleted it??

That would've really peeved off the Boro hierarchy

Why would it have peeved them?  It was already all over the place that we were in for him.

Yeah but Tallentires tweet was a "he's signed" style tweet while at the time we were still in the chase.

I could see why it might peeve them, I guess.

I still don't understand why? According to the Mail we're set to sign Randolph. Are we banning them now if the deal isn't actually done?

It's got nothing to do with a tweet like that and there is no justification for it in any case.

I still don't understand why?  According to the Mail we're set to sign Randolph.  Are we banning them now if the deal isn't actually done?

It's got nothing to do with a tweet like that and there is no justification for it in any case.

Nope I agree.

I also don't think it's transfer related, Shaw hasn't been allowed in as far back as Monks unveiling, which suggests it's more further back

Forest were saying for a week through their own understanding, Taylor who is their version of Vickers on Forest, it was 14 million financial package structured in a way that was very attractive to them and we were 'doubling Britt wage' so work back from that info on his wages at Forest and you'll get your answer on the deals financials I don't see why he'd be wrong. This feels like something that's happened pre Assambalonga I just can't figure out a flashpoint besides the daggers that came out for Karanka/Orta. Even in defeats last season the Gazette rarely dug out the team or individuals they seemed loyal to a fault so whatever the individuals involved have done must be heretic or treasonous in some way or at least perceived that way by higher ups.

It would appear the Gazette released a story they were asked not too. There's a slight discrepancy on what i've been told regarding the journalists that have been banned and the article that was written though, so still digging. Following said article though, The Gazette were excluded from an interview Gibson did at the back end of last season.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/inside-story-victor-orta-how-13090744

So Humpty that's the article that mfc didn't like?

Let me know what you find out I'm very interested. Because if it is I don't get why vickers is still allowed in when shaw and Taylor aren't.

I can see why mfc didn't like the article but holy crap have they overreacted why couldn't they have a word with the gazette behind closed doors if they're that unhappy?