oneBoro Forum

EFL Live Games: Championship Play Off Final Fulham V Villa 26/5 ko 1700hrs Wembley

Let the Aston Villa budget cuts commence :P

They still get 20% of the PL money next season. should be arund 20 million

They went down before the new TV deal so will only get about £4m next season according to their fans.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the Aston Villa budget cuts commence :P

They still get 20% of the PL money next season. should be arund 20 million

They went down before the new TV deal so will only get about £4m next season according to their fans.

According to Swiss Ramble on twitter, a football finance blogger, they'll still be getting about £19m, plus around £3m from today's game (if the usual convention of the winner giving all the proceeds to the loser is followed). 

They'll definitely have to cut some costs though, there are some serious wage earners in there. They could be in real trouble trying to rebuild the squad, Terry and Hutton both could leave if their deals aren't renewed and possibly depended on them going up, then the likes of Onomah, Snodgrass, Grabban, Johnstone are all on loan. Even with the depth of their squad it looks like they're in for an overhaul.

That Fredericks stamp was atrocious. Utterly pathetic. Don't want to see that at all. Great goal from Fulham though.

If he hadn't of dived to the floor for a slight tug by Frederick's he wouldn't have been in the position to be stamped on, I know it isn't the point but in my view it serves him right for trying to cheat.

That Fredericks stamp was atrocious. Utterly pathetic. Don't want to see that at all. Great goal from Fulham though.

If he hadn't of dived to the floor for a slight tug by Frederick's he wouldn't have been in the position to be stamped on, I know it isn't the point but in my view it serves him right for trying to cheat.

Two separate incidents. Absolutely doesn't serve him right at all. Fredericks could have done a fellow professional some serious damage, same as Grealish to Cairney later on. Nothing Grealish did in the first one justifies that horrific stamp.

Not saying Frederick's was right to stamp on him, obviously it was a horrible thing to do and he should have walked. Just that grealish would never have been in the the position to be stamped on if he hadn't of thrown himself down after Frederick's tapped him on the chest.

Pretty difficult for Villa now, so many players out of contract or mid-30s, then they also need to offload valuable players to raise money for FFP

Speaking to some Villa fans in the pub yesterday. This is their assessment of who they might lose next season:

LOAN RETURN:

Sam Johnstone

Axel Tuanzebe

Lewis Grabban

Robert Snodgrass

Josh Onomah

OUT OF CONTRACT:

John Terry

Alan Hutton

Chris Samba

Gabby Agbonlahor

Mark Bunn

LIKELY TO LEAVE:

Jack Grealish

James Chester

Ross McCormack

Connor Hourihane

Alan Hutton is supposedly going to agree a deal to stay. So that leaves hem with:

GK - Steer

RB - Hutton / Elmohammady / Bree

CB - Richards

LB - Taylor

CM - Jedinak / Whelan / Lyden / Lansbury / Bjarnason / Tshibola

RW - Adomah

LW - Green

ST - Kodjia / Hogan / Davis

Potentially, depending on how bad the finances are, players like Adomah and Kodjia could leave too.

Not a Villa fan of course but I'd be surprised if Grealish left Villa unless the club deems it necessary to cash in. Chester will have plenty of suitors, I'd like to see us go in for him if nobody in the Prem snaps him up. Totally thought Villa bought Johnstone and Grabban too. I imagine someone in the Championship will go in for Grabban and can see a couple of Prem teams in for Johnstone.

Not a Villa fan of course but I'd be surprised if Grealish left Villa unless the club deems it necessary to cash in. Chester will have plenty of suitors, I'd like to see us go in for him if nobody in the Prem snaps him up. Totally thought Villa bought Johnstone and Grabban too. I imagine someone in the Championship will go in for Grabban and can see a couple of Prem teams in for Johnstone.

Read the other day that Karanka has made Grabban his no1 priority at Forest and Bournemouth are looking for £5m, Villa apparently interested too but only if they were to go up. Certainly going to be some reliable goal scorers for this level available, Vydra, Grabban and potentially Assombalonga all possibly moving on.

Read the other day that Karanka has made Grabban his no1 priority at Forest and Bournemouth are looking for £5m, Villa apparently interested too but only if they were to go up. Certainly going to be some reliable goal scorers for this level available, Vydra, Grabban and potentially Assombalonga all possibly moving on.

IMO, the biggest problem with Assombalonga is how many chances he seems to need, per goal that he scores. Definitely not the most clinical.