oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) 0-1

The important thing is there's not too many changes in the defence. How many games have Friend, Ayala and Gibson played together? LOADS LIKE.

And the other important thing is we have a different forward line, which is good, because our last forward line was terrible. Plus our manager is going to set up for a win, rather than a narrow 0-1 defeat.

I said it as he signed - Fletcher is going to be a star for us and grab the headlines on Saturday. We're not going to play convincingly well, but we're going to smash 'n grab a 2-1 and never look back. We'll play half decent but win, a real Champions performance.

UTB!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

In the context of the season as a whole, a point away at wolves is a decent result. Would be lovely to start with a win though and get a real feel good factor going for everybody

Probably couldn't have had a harder first game

Oh we could have. Derby, reading, Fulham and owls away would have been much harder. We are now up against a team with a new backline, new manager, and only just brought in a striker who played in saudis last season. Most of their team have no championship experience and neither do their manager plus they are missing their two biggest attacking players. They'll improve as the season goes on though.

The. First 3-5 games of a season are a bit of a lottery. Waiting for signings to gel, better pre seasons etc so things could go either way. Personally I'm hoping the fact that they struggled to score goals last season , Costa being out and it being Neves first competitive match in the championship might give us the edge. Gonna go for a tight 0-1 but a draw wouldn't be a bad result either

Just seen a wolves thread of the value of their team, the op in the thread has got a bit excited and got it to a fantastical 126million lol made a few laugh though. whats ours worth though i'll have a guesstimate for giggles see if i can get it near their crazy fans.

randolph- 5mill

friend- 8mill (rumored value when palace and watford were sniffing)

christie-3mill

ayala-15mill (think we quoted that to toon other year when sniffing)

gibbo- 25mill

clayton- 6mill

howson- 6mill

re roon- 12mill

traore- 15mill

braithwaite- 9mill

britt- 15mill

oooh nearly got to it 119million. mad how daft the prices have gone.

Same line-up as Augsburg for me. Even if we buy someone on Friday, I can't see them coming straight into the team.

We actually have a pretty good first eleven now, it is just a matter of depth, especially at CB [in my opinion].

Im going for a pang start, 3-1 to the mighty boro!

In all honesty though, its almost impossible to predict first games of the new season, a lot goes on pure adrenalin rather than tactics with everyone finding their feet and what not. Could easily be 3-1 to wolves too... either way, wont be reading too much into this result.

I am looking forward to seeing how we are attackingwise though. Have a feeling we will be scoring more goals this season, but also conceding more.

Hope the boys are buzzing and ready to get the season underway as much as us fans are!

UTB!

Tough game. I went on a few Wolves' forums, and their fans seem as excited as we are about their new manager and team. I'd be happy with a draw here. Same starting line up as FC Augsburg, please.

I'm not feeling overly optimistic regarding this game. Wolves will come out the traps all guns blazing and i'm not 100% sure what to expect from us. A home game to start would've been nice but i'll take a draw but wouldn't be surprised by a defeat whilst we find our feet a little.

3-0 Wolves.  However if we really show up and play well then it'll only be 2-0 Wolves.

Is that what you really think or are you taking the ***? Can't tell these days.