oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) 0-1

3-0 Wolves.  However if we really show up and play well then it'll only be 2-0 Wolves.

Is that what you really think or are you taking the ***? Can't tell these days.

CT has become a parody of himself :D

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the best time to face wolves. So many new faces with no championship experience and without their best two attackers. We ought to be favourites here.

3-0 Wolves.  However if we really show up and play well then it'll only be 2-0 Wolves.

Is that what you really think or are you taking the ***? Can't tell these days.

CT has become a parody of himself :D

I'll have you know I was from the start  :@

I don't generally predict scores because it's pointless and at the beginning of the season predicting anything is tricky enough.  So I was taking the ***, I have no idea what to expect.

Two teams in transition, both having made lots of changes to the squads, flip a coin, who knows but if we can get through August with a reasonable points tally we will be in good shape for the rest of the season.

Going for a Boro win but I always do even last season.

2-1

http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?32439-Boro-(H)-5-8-17-build-up/page9

on that wolves thread above we are getting a few negative comments from the fc Augsburg game. i thought they clearly not watched the whole game probs just watched a bit of it. i pulled it back ten minutes from about 80min and then their comments make sense. i just watched a good portion of the first half again and we played much faster. ''we are going to struggle to get the ball off them playing like that'' like what? like its the last portion of a pre season friendly? no wolves we'll be playing a little bit different. fans are funny at times.

Great opening post Tom.

It's here. It's finally here. I've been in withdrawal from football and finally the first game of the season is almost upon us. Can't wait to be in that away end, losing my voice and having a couple of pints.

The first game of the season is always a tough one to call. I'd love us to get off to a very positive start with a win but Wolves are a good side, with a full house and probably buzzing after their pre-season win over Leicester. It's probably going to be a draw but the performance is the important thing for me. I'd also love us to stop leaking early goals, the way we have been pre-season, particularly from set pieces.

I hate predicting Boro scores so that's a big fat no from me. :D

Buzzing for this game. So annoyed I have some prior commitments throughout the day, so I'll just be glued to my phone the entire 90minutes but better than nowt. Key to this will be how each team gels and how quickly. Would be happy with a draw, but what I want to see if a positive, attacking performance. It's been a while.

Randolph; Christie, Ayala, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, De Roon, Howson; Bamford, Britt, Braithwaite

Subs: Dimi, Fabio, Baptiste, Leadbitter, Traore, Ramirez, Fletcher

1-1, Britt

Seems like a lot of thier play against Leicester went through Neves who is described by a wolves fan as the best midfielder he has ever seen at wolves. One of our midfielders need to show him some tough championship love early on. Not let him settle.

Two teams in transition, both having made lots of changes to the squads, flip a coin, who knows but if we can get through August with a reasonable points tally we will be in good shape for the rest of the season.

Going for a Boro win but I always do even last season.

2-1

Given how easy our fixtures are, we ought to be top by the end of August! (Assuming that we're going to be pushing for promotion).

Seems like a lot of thier play against Leicester went through Neves who is described by a wolves fan as the best midfielder he has ever seen at wolves. One of our midfielders need to show him some tough championship love early on. Not let him settle.

One clattering tackle and he'll go into his shell. Then the energy and pressing of our team will have him panicking for the rest of the game.

One clattering tackle and he'll go into his shell. Then the energy and pressing of our team will have him panicking for the rest of the game.

A bit like cattermole vs Digard all those years ago.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to Wolves fans, apparently every player they've signed is an absolute world beater that should be playing for a top 6 prem club.

I'm sure its exciting for them as they've been a pretty irrelevant club for decades but playing well for one of the top 3 Portuguese sides is completely different to playing for a bang average side in the championship.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to Wolves fans, apparently every player they've signed is an absolute world beater that should be playing for a top 6 prem club.

I'm sure its exciting for them as they've been a pretty irrelevant club for decades but playing well for one of the top 3 Portuguese sides is completely different to playing for a bang average side in the championship.

To be fair I've heard a few journalists (with no affinity to Wolves) say that Neves is a top six Premier league player.

Wolves fan in peace. Posted here before a few times.

Quick reminder for Boro fans going to the game on Sat, there will be tributes both before and during the game for our goalkeeper Carl Ikeme (was on loan at Boro once) who was sadly diagnosed with Leukaemia over the summer.

Should be a cracking game. Boro have the strongest squad in the league IMO but we've signed some absolutely ridiculous players this summer and should be aiming for top 6 at the very least.

Strengths: Our best players for this one (Helder Costa and Ivan Cavaliero are unavailable) will obviously be Ruben Neves, Diogo Jota and Willy Boly. All of whom we had absolutely no right to be signing and should be too good for the division. A few to look out for are Barry Douglas the LWB who has looked excellent in pre season and Connor Ronan, a very talented youngster who might be called upon to fill in for Costa/Cavaleiro.

Weaknesses: Not sure if it can really be called a weakness yet but we'll be playing a new 3-4-3 formation and there will obviously be a few kinks still to iron out so early on in the season. We've repurposed Conor Coady (*** centre mid, okay right back) as the middle of the 3 centre backs, so far he actually looks quite good there but he's one that Monk will obviously looking to target. We're also quite short up front as Nouha ***o picked up a knock that kept him out of the Leicester game and we've only just signed Leo Bonatini today so I'm not sure how ready he'll be.

Anyway, good luck to you lot for the coming season. If everything goes to plan for both of us we should be fighting it out at the top all season long!