oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) 0-1

If you're sticking in Birmingham for a few hours, some good drinking places near the station. The Vic is really close to the John Lewis entrance/exit at New Street Station. For food and more expensive beer round on John Bright Street there's Brewdog, Turtle Bay and a lovey independent cafe called Cherry Reds. Cheapo hotel rooms in the easy hotel and all...

If you're on about getting the Tram to Wolves as oppose to the train, maybe walk up towards Colmore Row (the Cathedral) and check out The Wellington (especially for real ale) or The Old Contemptibles. Good boozers the pair of them.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd second that. You wont get in anywhere apart from the designated away pub if you're wearing colours and even then you might not get in. I haven't got a Wolverhampton accent and regularly get asked to show my match ticket if I'm not wearing colours to prove I'm a Wolves fan. It'll also be completely mobbed in town with it being a sell out. Birmingham are away on Sat, Villa don't play until later and Albion are playing a friendly in Spain so it'd be much easier just to stay in Brum for a few hours and then get the train/tram into Wolvo.

Lucky escape there

Ha ha, bit rich that pal. As for Humpty, I'm guessing you'll be coming across to the M6, then south to junction 13, and down the A449 to Wolves. There are plenty of car parks in town, but near the ground, and Asda, will not be a quick getaway. As you approach Molineux, you could try your luck on a street near Wickes, KFC, but maybe worth parking in town, and having a jar after the game, to let the traffic die down, before heading back north.

I'd second that. You wont get in anywhere apart from the designated away pub if you're wearing colours and even then you might not get in. I haven't got a Wolverhampton accent and regularly get asked to show my match ticket if I'm not wearing colours to prove I'm a Wolves fan. It'll also be completely mobbed in town with it being a sell out. Birmingham are away on Sat, Villa don't play until later and Albion are playing a friendly in Spain so it'd be much easier just to stay in Brum for a few hours and then get the train/tram into Wolvo.

Lucky escape there

Ha ha, bit rich that pal. As for Humpty, I'm guessing you'll be coming across to the M6, then south to junction 13, and down the A449 to Wolves. There are plenty of car parks in town, but near the ground, and Asda, will not be a quick getaway. As you approach Molineux, you could try your luck on a street near Wickes, KFC, but maybe worth parking in town, and having a jar after the game, to let the traffic die down, before heading back north.

i think everyone in the country thinks if you live near birmingham you talk like your from Dudley. bit like up here, if your from the north east you must be a geordie. erm no i sound nowt like em. (to me)  :D

Lucky escape there

i think everyone in the country thinks if you live near birmingham you talk like your from Dudley. bit like up here, if your from the north east you must be a geordie. erm no i sound nowt like em. (to me)  :D

I went to Wolves away some years ago. As a Dane, I was sure they didn't speak a word of English (black country, right?)

Lucky escape there

I went to Wolves away some years ago. As a Dane, I was sure they didn't speak a word of English (black country, right?)

tough to understand, broad Yorkshire is proper hard to. i have to really concentrate to keep up with their babble when on army reunions. brummy is easy, they speak quite slow compared to proper scouser/yorkshire. 

i remember asking for directions in liverpool once, we got lost. ended up in a council estate somewhere in deep scouse land. i could only pick up a few words here and there. i thought well me mates nodding he must be understanding him. after the scouser walked off he turned to me and said ''what the *** did he just say, never understood a word of it''. i just burst out laughing.

from my experience brummy(birminham) was no problem. dudley is awful sounds like they are stupid not that hard to pick up what they were saying though. dont think i've spoke to anyone from west brom/wolves but i imagine it to be a bit different in each. like stockton/norton sound different as do thornaby to me.

Against Wolves 3-4-3, I think the game will be won or lost in that 2vs3 midfield matchup. If Neves is good enough to make that advantage count for nothing I think Wolves will win. Personally I'd like to see De Roon sitting on him to try and stop his influence.

It will be possession side at home vs quick breaks from the away side. I fancy our quick front 3 up against their 3 at the back system myself, but can see their wingbacks doing damage to us.

Our formation changes into 3-4-3 with the ball basically anyway with clayton dropping in. our full backs will be pushed forward onto their wingbacks so we shouldn't get caught out when posession changes over, just need to be cautious about not over-comitting

Fluid. You might say.

Be gone with your 'fluid' rubbish. What we're talking now is 'Liquid Football '

Fluid. You might say.

Be gone with your 'fluid' rubbish. What we're talking now is 'Liquid Football '

Need someone with a foot like a traction engine.

Bring back Jimmy Floyd!