oneBoro Forum

Boro v Wolverhampton Wanderers (a) 0-1

Good post, DW. Welcome to the forum; nice to have you here. Also got to say - that 'Molineux Mix' forum seem like a good sort. Some very welcoming and insightful posts in there!

@DW - I live on the border or Brum and the Black Country. Many round my way support WBA, but reading that forum makes me think I should err towards the Wolves side of things ;)

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Tou lot need to be careful with menses. You can be certain that he is only in it for his own good and giving so much say to an agent is a recipe for disaster. I hope you'll be fine though as you seem like a genuine fan, but if it was me I'd be concerned. We were supposed to have had that kind of link with mended a few seasons ago but it seemed that Gibson stopped it, presumably because he saw the warning signs. This is not me knocking you or being envious it's just a concern. Mendes is an agent though the definition of evil in football.

DW welcome, our team has been totally overhauled with a complete change in philosophy and formation. the Boro you remember under Karanka has gone already i reckon.

the new formation was interesting to see. clayton as the holding midfielder(in a 3) dropped along side the cb's and the friend and christie pushed well forward. the front 3 were narrow and popping up all over the place. its a 4-3-3 when the wingbacks are back but the majority of the time it was more 3-4-3.

for us it looks like the days of a lone isolated cf are well and truly over. i'm looking forward to our front 3 picking up the ball in the channels and linking up with their buddies up front. braithwaite looks quality. i think we might be a bit rusty and disjointed the first few games but when we get going i see us being difficult to contain. your playing us at a good time, which of course you can say that to us to. i wouldnt read to much on the result either way. its not a season defining game but should be entertaining. really looking forward to it.

Good post, DW. Welcome to the forum; nice to have you here. Also got to say - that 'Molineux Mix' forum seem like a good sort. Some very welcoming and insightful posts in there!

@DW - I live on the border or Brum and the Black Country. Many round my way support WBA, but reading that forum makes me think I should err towards the Wolves side of things ;)

MolMix is the most popular forum but it can be a bit juvenile at times. It's the end of the world on there when we lose and when we win we're the best team ever.

Just as long as it's not Birmingham City... I've actually got a bit of time for West Brom despite their bizarre inferiority complex but Blues are just horrible.

Tou lot need to be careful with menses. You can be certain that he is only in it for his own good and giving so much say to an agent is a recipe for disaster. I hope you'll be fine though as you seem like a genuine fan, but if it was me I'd be concerned. We were supposed to have had that kind of link with mended a few seasons ago but it seemed that Gibson stopped it, presumably because he saw the warning signs. This is not me knocking you or being envious it's just a concern. Mendes is an agent though the definition of evil in football.

I understand that but he's been brilliant for us so far. I wouldn't have dreamt about watching players like Neves, Jota, Costa & Cavaleiro at Wolves a year ago. He's inextricably linked to Wolves now, our owners own a significant stake in his agency so it's in his best interests to see us do well. I'm under no illusions that he's ever going to put Wolves before himself but the link has definitely been a positive for us.

DW welcome, our team has been totally overhauled with a complete change in philosophy and formation. the Boro you remember under Karanka has gone already i reckon.

the new formation was interesting to see. clayton as the holding midfielder(in a 3) dropped along side the cb's and the friend and christie pushed well forward. the front 3 were narrow and popping up all over the place.  its a 4-3-3 when the wingbacks are back but the majority of the time it was more 3-4-3.

for us it looks like the days of a lone isolated cf are well and truly over. i'm looking forward to our front 3 picking up the ball in the channels and linking up with their buddies up front. braithwaite looks quality. i think we might be a bit rusty and disjointed the first few games but when we get going i see us being difficult to contain. your playing us at a good time, which of course you can say that to us to. i wouldnt read to much on the result either way. its not a season defining game but should be entertaining. really looking forward to it.

Sounds like your formation shares a few similarities with ours. A back 3 three who are all comfortable on the ball, a double pivot of Neves + 1 other in front, attacking wing backs & 3 narrow, fluid forwards.

All this attacking talent on show and a full house... Bound to be a 0-0.

MolMix is the most popular forum but it can be a bit juvenile at times. It's the end of the world on there when we lose and when we win we're the best team ever.

Just as long as it's not Birmingham City... I've actually got a bit of time for West Brom despite their bizarre inferiority complex but Blues are just horrible.

I understand that but he's been brilliant for us so far. I wouldn't have dreamt about watching players like Neves, Jota, Costa & Cavaleiro at Wolves a year ago. He's inextricably linked to Wolves now, our owners own a significant stake in his agency so it's in his best interests to see us do well. I'm under no illusions that he's ever going to put Wolves before himself but the link has definitely been a positive for us.

the new formation was interesting to see. clayton as the holding midfielder(in a 3) dropped along side the cb's and the friend and christie pushed well forward. the front 3 were narrow and popping up all over the place.  its a 4-3-3 when the wingbacks are back but the majority of the time it was more 3-4-3.

Sounds like your formation shares a few similarities with ours. A back 3 three who are all comfortable on the ball, a double pivot of Neves + 1 other in front, attacking wing backs & 3 narrow, fluid forwards.

All this attacking talent on show and a full house... Bound to be a 0-0.

yes its why i mentioned it, it seems looking at your forums the lads are mainly guessing and dont really have a clue what shape we'll have. we arent totally sure either but this was what we did with a full strength team vs augsberg so imagine it will be pretty close to what monks wants. 

if we play with traore it might end up a bit different as he is dumb as *** so everyone round him will be hesitating wondering what direction hes going to run to lol. hes so fast though never seen kante get walked by like traore did to him. he just ran round him clean, kante couldnt even attempt a tackle he was gone when he turned round  :D . 

our defensive players are all good on the ball, ayala is pretty good at bringing it out, the other year he dribbled up the wing to the box beating a man and set adomah up to score. not bad for a 6t 4in CB lol. gibson is pretty comfortable in possession to but still likes to bang a long one when under pressure. clayton drops in to make a back 3, hes a 7oo10 every week player. friend and christie will really press on. i thought we have looked really impressive on the wings. what worries me a little is the new shape in midfield. howson hasnt really played well pre season (settling in probs) and deroon might be off so wonder how his mind is. the forwards movement v augsberg looks really promising, braithwaite looks a real player, britt will score plenty, and with bamford you get some lovely intelligent running, hes a good footballer and i expect him to have a good season in this team. fletcher the lad from west ham looked like he can be a real threat. very direct and played with his head up, but naturally raw with the lack of exp. traore is probably the fastest player ive ever seen. if he comes on with 20min to go hope your left back is fit lol. its putting it all together, they've barely played together so far, time to gel and build confidence and understanding is needed. gaston is still here to, he had a good game last time we played you maybe will again ;)

Just read their forum and to any Wolves fan who wants to register to the oneBoro forum please have a friendly username which will clearly indicate you are a Wolves fan.

We get a lot of potential spammers to this site and occasionally real new members will get declined with the multitude of spam artists

Seems like a lot of thier play against Leicester went through Neves who is described by a wolves fan as the best midfielder he has ever seen at wolves. One of our midfielders need to show him some tough championship love early on. Not let him settle.

One clattering tackle and he'll go into his shell. Then the energy and pressing of our team will have him panicking for the rest of the game.

Wouldn't be surprised to see De Roon given the job of shackling him. He's perfectly suited to that kind of thing.

Greetings Boro boys & girls. Well, the new season is already upon us, and we start with a good old fashioned fixture, Wolves v Middlesbrough. To be honest, I haven't been keeping tabs on Boro, since Karanka left, but I expect you to bounce back this season, whereas your North East rivals, Sunderland, may struggle. Not sure about Hull...

Back to Saturday, and I expect an entertaining game, now that Wolves are finally trying to play football from the back, and on the deck, but we could be found wanting, with both Cav and our talisman, Costa, missing, and we only have ***o as a recognised striker, who may still be injured, so the new lad Bonatini may feature. Therefore, I'll take an entertaining score draw, right now, not least as Wolves have a poor record against Boro.

As for those Boro fans travelling down, if by train, you're probably best doing your drinking in Brum, then train it in. If you come in on the the tram, it drops you off, right opposite The Nick ;-) I think away fans use The Blue Brick, which is down behind the train station, turn right out the station, down the subway opposite the BTP office, then left and it's next to the Premier Inn. Wolvo is a partisan town, but if you're in small groups, of 2s and 4s, you should be alright to go for a wander, but most doors will have Security on them.

I'd second that. You wont get in anywhere apart from the designated away pub if you're wearing colours and even then you might not get in. I haven't got a Wolverhampton accent and regularly get asked to show my match ticket if I'm not wearing colours to prove I'm a Wolves fan. It'll also be completely mobbed in town with it being a sell out. Birmingham are away on Sat, Villa don't play until later and Albion are playing a friendly in Spain so it'd be much easier just to stay in Brum for a few hours and then get the train/tram into Wolvo.

I expect Wolves to be challenging this season, so in the context of the season as a whole an away draw would be a tidy result. On the one hand, catching then at a good time with their suspensions and injuries, on the other both sides will be getting used to the new regime.

Screams 1-1 to me and I wouldn't be disappointed

I'd second that. You wont get in anywhere apart from the designated away pub if you're wearing colours and even then you might not get in. I haven't got a Wolverhampton accent and regularly get asked to show my match ticket if I'm not wearing colours to prove I'm a Wolves fan. It'll also be completely mobbed in town with it being a sell out. Birmingham are away on Sat, Villa don't play until later and Albion are playing a friendly in Spain so it'd be much easier just to stay in Brum for a few hours and then get the train/tram into Wolvo.

Lucky escape there