oneBoro Forum

2Hot! 2Not! Augsburg friendly & Boro pre-season

2Hot! 2Not! Augsburg friendly & Boro pre-season. A feature by @mrlahhh

Each Monday, I’ll take a look at the week’s Boro action and pick out two stars (hot!) and two duds (not!) and condense it into a piece which is a different (but enjoyable) way of reviewing the Boro. The premise is simple and of course, I welcome any discussion on who has (or hasn’t!) been included in any given week.

What better way to start this feature ahead of the upcoming season, than a review of the last week of Boro action, including that friendly against Augsburg!

Continue reading and discuss...

2Hot - Christie & Braithwaite. Braithwaite was everywhere and caused alot of problems for them, with neat passing and interplay as well as a goal and hitting the woodwork. Christie was a pleasant surprise for me, I was a little sceptical when we got him, but his display was full of athleticism, strength and he worked the full length of the touchline, with an assist for Braithwaite to boot.

2Not - Gestede and Howson. Howson would have wanted to have now of an impact on the game but it seemed to in large pass him by. I'm sure he will come good very soon, but he didn't have any noticable moments. Another who would have been looking to make an impact would be Gestede. With competition looking fierce up top now, I can't recall him having a significant touch of the ball after coming on.

2Hot - Christie & Braithwaite. Braithwaite was everywhere and caused alot of problems for them, with neat passing and interplay as well as a goal and hitting the woodwork. Christie was a pleasant surprise for me, I was a little sceptical when we got him, but his display was full of athleticism, strength and he worked the full length of the touchline, with an assist for Braithwaite to boot.

2Not - Gestede and Howson. Howson would have wanted to have now of an impact on the game but it seemed to in large pass him by. I'm sure he will come good very soon, but he didn't have any noticable moments. Another who would have been looking to make an impact would be Gestede. With competition looking fierce up top now, I can't recall him having a significant touch of the ball after coming on.

i think the game seemed to pass all our midfielders by. because rather than see several minutes of forshaw and clayton pirouetting on the halfway line, they now move the ball to the forwards quickly so dont seen involved.