• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Bamford has looked fairly handy so far, some nice touches and turns. Assist notwithstanding, he's not great at passing it though. All our forward passes seem to be hoofs.

He's looked lively and clever. Just put a cheeky bet on him scoring today

He's not taking on shots when he has the chance though!

Gestede looks most likely to get the next one.

The midfield is still a bit mono paced with the first thought to go backward rather than forward, but hopefully they'll get confidence from a few goals and be more attacking. Interested to see how Baker does if he gets a chance today.

Dominated the half massively apart from an early half scare. It's still plain to see that it's a new team, new manager and new tactics. Plenty of movement in front of the ball which is good to see but it's too many long balls. Friend has been a bit sloppy in possession. Dangerous runs but not anything to show for it. Fabios chance can't be far away if he is staying.

It's been a funny game. For 20 minutes nothing positive happened, they looked most likely to do anything. I was sat saying how slow Gestede is and how what he does best is not being utilised in the game.

Then he scored a goal Rudy Gestede scores best.

Since then, the gaps have opened up. Bamford has been running the show. The pressure has been off Dael Fry (and thank God because he didn't have a good start to the game). I think the only real constant before and after the goal is the movement and strength of Assombalonga. He's had a really good half.

Bamford looks a class apart at this level. Assombalonga putting in a good shift and Rudy a danger in the air. More of the same second half please. Only negatives are that howson has been quiet but early days.

Also is Howson even playing? He's been a tad anonymous!

He's done ok but Forshaw has for sure been the more involved in the final third

Howsons done his job ok. When Clayts drops back he occupies the space in the middle as the full backs and Forshaw push on. It's not glamorous but necessary. I would like to see him push forward a bit as he's a great passer of the ball

Thankfully the goal seems to have helped us settle as we've been much better since. I don't understand why other clubs have never rated Bamford, and never gave him a proper chance when he's been on loan. He looked lively for us in the prem last season against Burnley, Southampton, Chelsea and Liverpool off the top of my head.