oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sheffield United 1-0 (Gestede)

Never offside in a million years but we deserved the win anyway, we dominated them first half.

Had to dig in a bit second half and we really need to keep our concentration until the final whistle. First win though, good to see the team is starting to gel, lots of attacking intent too which bodes well for the season :)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so hard to judge the team right now I mean we're going through fullbacks a lot there rather than looking for neat working around the box it comes off sloppy quite a lot when Friend/Christie have a loose touch but it's very direct. I think clearly we've improved but this is the second game I'm going to single out Howson as me not being sure exactly what he's bringing to build up I just don't see his attributes yet he's slotted into the mode of tap it off to one of the fullbacks and sit back.

Fry was almost flawless today absolutely brilliant display from him I think he's going to be a special talent he already is pretty special for his age the potential for him is awesome. But 3 points on the board another game coming quick let's hope we get another 3 and build on this.

Good signs of the team gelling today. Still very early so was a really decent exercise today. Sheff Utd were poor really which was fortunate for us but I think the Outlook is promising. Bamford's first touch was immaculate all day, Christie did really well, like Howson and I have to say Randolph was better with his distribution today. Need to really push for that second goal while we are dominating but it'll come. Onto Tuesday

Just seen another replay on sky it was offside part of the lad's body past Fry

Oh I thought that replay was stopped before the ball was whipped in, it's on DAZN over here so I don't get the after match stuff.

I thought we looked good inbthe first half. The passing was sharp and zippy. The front three worked very well together. Bamford was the better of the three even though rudy got the goal. I really like christie! We needed him last season. Very quick with a few neat tricks.

Fry was great, didnt make any mistakes.

The end of the second half as the subs started to come on we became less fluid but i think its just match sharpness and will improve with games. We did look a little like the boro of last season for about 5-10 mins though which was worrying. I almost forgot Randolph what a signing he is. Nothing flash but you can see the premeir league quality in hi..

Overall looks to be good things to come.

A few things:

1. Team needs a lot more gelling and it's clearly still early with all the changes.

2. I have no idea how Fletcher cost more than 2 million. Very poor footballer. Would much rather have seen Traore on despite his obvious flaws too.

3. We need another senior defender. Fry did ok but also looked nervous. A better team would have put him under more pressure.

4. Gestede showed why it's good to have a big player like him in the championship. Limited but effective.

5. Christie was good today but friend was not especially good. I'd have no qualms about starting with Fabio at lb on Tuesday.

Just seen another replay on sky it was offside part of the lad's body past Fry

Oh I thought that replay was stopped before the ball was whipped in, it's on DAZN over here so I don't get the after match stuff.

Sky used a split screen after the match deffo offside probably more interfering with play than anything else

I don't know the rule for sure. I thought you were supposed to give benefit of doubt to the attacker. Prutton seems convinced, Jimmy definitely doesn't.

But the linesman didn't look in doubt. Very good call by the look of it.