oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sheffield United 1-0 (Gestede)

Team looks very unbalanced

I don't see that.

2 forwards with bamford behind fullbacks pushing on and a solid midfield. Or even a forward and a right and left attacking player in Britt and bamford. Looks quite balanced

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see that.

2 forwards with bamford behind fullbacks pushing on and a solid midfield. Or even a forward and a right and left attacking player in Britt and bamford. Looks quite balanced

And if it doesn't work we can switch out Gestede for Traore and go 433. Always nice to have a plan B

I don't see that.

Yes very balanced if you play players out of position.

I don't see that.

Gestede up front Brit upfront bamford no10. Who's out of position

As long as we win, that's all that matters.

I see it as a 4312

Randolph

Christie Fry Gibson Friend

Clayton Howson Forshaw

Bamford

Britt Rudy

I think Gestede and Britt could form a great partnership. If there's one thing that Gestede is good at, it's winning a knock down. Him and Britt both do it well to be fair. Britt will play better with someone up with him. And with Bamfords movement it has the potential to cause problems.

Also the amount of long balls we play it's paramount we have some stickability up top.

Nervous now, but come on boro!

Gestede Britt and bamford are strikers. Last week we played Britt, Braithwaite and Fletcher. 3 strikers. It's as balanced as last week. People just don't like it as it means gestede is likely to be the middle of the three pushing Britt into a wide forward role.

Gestede doesn't fit the pacy front line set up, that's what concerns me. I like him as an option but after watching the Augsburg game, it didn't surprise me to hear he was linked with a move elsewhere.

I think he's good at what he does. Hustle and bustle, he will challenge every ball in the air if you give him the service. But I'm unsure if that kind of service will arrive for him in this team.

Maybe Gestede is there to hold the ball up and provide some service to the other two, when we go through the middle, as opposed to out wide.

Useful to have some aerial threat up front too.

I don't see that.

Gestede up front Brit upfront bamford no10. Who's out of position

Errrr Bamford? Obviously. He's never a number 10.