• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think friend has been pretty anonymous in both games so far attacking wise, even with his crossing limitations he still used to bomb on and get in good positions, haven't seen that from him yet.

I think we'd be far more balanced and dangerous if we had a better crosser out there.

To be fair I think Baker puts in quite a few open play crosses, so maybe if we can get him to operate more from the left side it could have the same effect.

I think friend has been pretty anonymous in both games so far attacking wise, even with his crossing limitations he still used to bomb on and get in good positions, haven't seen that from him yet.

I think we'd be far more balanced and dangerous if we had a better crosser out there.

I though he bombed on plenty on Saturday

I though he bombed on plenty on Saturday

And maybe he is being curtailed slightly by Christie being over the half way line before friend gets going

Could be in the instructions for only one full back to get beyond half way at a time so that we have sufficient cover in the case of a counter? And like rich says, Christies starting position seemed to be beyond half way!

Hate saying this but I think we are beginning to see the end of GF being a vital part of the Boro moving ahead.

Certainly if we were to get promoted I do not see him being an integral part of a PL first team choice

Friend well over fabio for me. If we are seeing the beginning of the end for George (i dont think this btw) then I hope we replace him as a started with a signing. Im not a lover of fabio at all.

Not to get into a Fabio vs GF debate but the qualities are quite similar. 110% in the tackle, both win headers, both have adequate pace, neither are the best defender in the world, Fabio can cross a ball and doesn't panic when near opposition box. I make that 4-3 Fabio :)

Everyone seems to rate Fabio ahead of Friend on here, I just don't get it at all.

Yeah they both have similar limitations but everything that Fabio can do, Friend just does a little bit better in my opinion.

Karanka, Agnew and Monk all seem to put Friend ahead as well.

Not to get into a Fabio vs GF debate but the qualities are quite similar. 110% in the tackle, both win headers, both have adequate pace, neither are the best defender in the world, Fabio can cross a ball and doesn't panic when near opposition box. I make that 4-3 Fabio :)

fabio comfortable in possession and not slow so that makes him good enough in some peoples eyes. they having nothing in common ability wise. fabio is weak as ***, george is a bull. i think that should tell anyone how different they are.

Everyone seems to rate Fabio ahead of Friend on here, I just don't get it at all.

Yeah they both have similar limitations but everything that Fabio can do, Friend just does a little bit better in my opinion.

Karanka, Agnew and Monk all seem to put Friend ahead as well.

I don't particularly rate any of them higher but I'd like to see what Fabio offers in this new team and setup where he is allowed further up the pitch but I also appreciate that chopping and changing isn't the best thing just as the team is gelling.

fabio comfortable in possession and not slow so that makes him good enough in some peoples eyes. they having nothing in common ability wise. fabio is weak as ***, george is a bull. i think that should tell anyone how different they are.

I do wonder how people assess "ability" sometimes. If we're talking technique and "football brain" Friend can't hold a candle to Fabio. Friend is stronger and more athletic, i'll give him that, but going forward you get more out of Fabio all round.