oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Burton Albion 2-0 (Assombalonga 2)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I know we're meant to say that there are no easy games in the Championship... but I'll put my neck on the line and say this should be an easy game in the Championship. Burton have been really unlucky with suspensions and injuries so early in the season (and can't play Ripley either) so will be putting out a very depleted side.

I'm predicting Britt to get off the mark tonight in a 3/4-0 win. Would really like to see Baker come in to the midfield instead of Forshaw or Howson as we can afford to be a little more attack minded tonight and would be a good chance to see what he can do.

Welcome to the forum and a good first post, one that I agree with SS :)

Long time lurker or have you just found us and where in the South are you?

Thanks, let's hope i'm not eating my words this evening! Short term lurker... only discovered the forum a couple of months ago. I'm from London, managed to get to Wolves but away tickets are looking tough to come by this year.

welcome to a boro forum that ony really talks about football.  

back to game anyway. unde rak i'd be worried about 0-0. 0-1. but  think they have little chance of an upset and we'll win to nil. 3-0 britt first scorer 21min.

Baker in for Forshaw the only change for me but I have a feeling he may leave him on the bench for a while and go with the same as saturday.

As for result I am thinking 3-1 with Britt and Paddy getting 1 each , and maybe Howson also notching

Early days though so will be just as happy with another 1-0

Reckon it will be slightly harsh to drop forshaw for a loan player thats been with the club for 5 days. Think it'll be the same lineup as saturday. I'd like to see Fabio for Friend though.

Reckon it will be slightly harsh to drop forshaw for a loan player thats been with the club for 5 days. Think it'll be the same lineup as saturday. I'd like to see Fabio for Friend though.

Don't rate Forshaw and never have done. Think Friend is far better than Fabio

Opinions eh  ;)

Baker in for Forshaw the only change for me but I have a feeling he may leave him on the bench for a while and go with the same as saturday.

As for result I am thinking 3-1 with Britt and Paddy getting 1 each , and maybe Howson also notching

Early days though so will be just as happy with another 1-0

Leading 1-0 is too stressful for me.  If we go 3-0 up in the first half I'll be able to relax.

Think we'll play the same team as Saturday, but if it were me I'd go for

Randolph; Christie, Fry, Gibbo, Fabio; Clayton, Howson; Traore, Baker, Bamford; Assombalonga

Think Fabio and Traore need run outs, but may get them in the cup. Interesting to see if Baker starts tonight.

I'd also like to see Fabio in tonight, if for nothing other than to see if he can do better than George. I think George has had an average opening to the season by his own standards (though nobody can really hold their hands up and say they've been exceptional). Fabio deserves a chance to show what he can do after a relatively good season last year. At the very least, I expect to see him, Roberts, Leadbitter, Traore and Fletcher in for a start at latest against S***horpe in a week's time.

There is a feel good factor and I like the optimism. I said I will judge our progress 3-5 games in, simply because there is policy statement of storming the league. Comfortable, no I'm not, but reading the comments of the last two games, I'm not alone. I do belive we have belief but I can't fathom why we don't create and why we can't pass. Well we do, but it's all the way back to the keeper to hoof up. Two games and four shots on target, lets hope the figures change dramatically tonight. Before anyone starts I am not being negitive, there is no word as negative after 50 years of supporting them. Hell how many times I've seen us go through the wringer I can't count. I belive once we start flowing we will be up there but we have a lot to sort in a short period of time if we are going to storm it.