oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Burton Albion 2-0 (Assombalonga 2)

So far bamford clayton and Britt have been our standout players although I've only seen the sheff Utd game and extended highlights of the others for me it isn't just about goals scored and chances created it's about the problems players cause the opposition both defensively and attacking . And so far bamford is causing opposition defences all sorts of problems

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Really?

Yes really.  He put a ball in that should and could have been defended better and thus we wouldn't have scored.  The defender panicked and cocked it up. 

I think it'd be incredibly, incredibly harsh to say Bamford didn't create the goal. If you take Bamford out of the equation where does the ball for the bad defending come from...

What does that matter?  It was poor defending that lead to the goal.

It's funny because when Friend messed up at home against Palace last season, you both blamed him and neither of you mentioned the great through ball.  Now suddenly it's different.  Like I said, if it was one of our defenders that had done it the reaction would be very different from a number of you.

Incidentally, I blamed Friend.  Consistency you see :)

My main issue CT isn't with you as a person at all, more to the fact that you seem so definitive and headstrong with your opinions.

You just seem so black and white about things. "Is there a particular reason you've got a hard on for me at the moment?".. sorry the forum doesn't revolve around you, and it's merely your comments which I've taken umbridge towards, not you personally.

It's just a difference of opinion, you say that Bamford didn't get the assist, yet he might aswell have as without his play, that goal v sheff utd wouldn't have happened. But because it doesn't go down as "fact" then it can't possibly be given as credit for him, or so it seems.

I don't care what stance you take, Bamford created that goal, end of.

And you aren't definitive and headstrong in your opinions? 'I don't care what stance you take, Bamford created that goal, end of.'  Yeah, you certainly seem unsure of yourself there  :dodgy: :)

I keep forgetting that whenever anyone else puts their opinion on here they make it clear that actually they aren't really sure if they believe it or not  :huh:  Nope, the difference is I couldn't give a crap if other people make a forceful opinion.  I don't whine about it and it doesn't bother me.  Everyone does it on here but only certain people get grief for it, of which I am one.

I know the forum doesn't revolve around me so it'd be really nice if the same handful of people didn't rush to tell me I'm wrong about every bloody post I made.  You were on telling me I was wrong after the last game and now this one as well and yet you aren't being definitive in your opinions?  Must be a nice trick if you can manage it.

Finally, Bamford didn't get the assist.  It isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of record.

Boro have just uploaded the full match on the official site!

Was it streamed anywhere like the Wolves game was do you know?

An assist isn't debatable. He caused the opportunity though. Regardless of whether you prefer to blame poor defending. Without the ball that was sent into a dangerous area, Gestede wouldn't have scored. It caused their defenders to backpeddle and their keeper to make a half ***d decision. He caused that chaos. He created the opportunity.

Really?

Yes really.  He put a ball in that should and could have been defended better and thus we wouldn't have scored.  The defender panicked and cocked it up. 

I think it'd be incredibly, incredibly harsh to say Bamford didn't create the goal. If you take Bamford out of the equation where does the ball for the bad defending come from...

What does that matter?  It was poor defending that lead to the goal.

It's funny because when Friend messed up at home against Palace last season, you both blamed him and neither of you mentioned the great through ball.  Now suddenly it's different.  Like I said, if it was one of our defenders that had done it the reaction would be very different from a number of you.

Incidentally, I blamed Friend.  Consistency you see :)

I see where you're coming from but I don't think the two are comparable. Bamford played an excellent ball over the top that made it very difficult for the defender to even attempt to clear properly.

Friend screwed up an easy clearance.

But I see where you're coming from.

I still think you're wrong.

An assist isn't debatable. He caused the opportunity though. Regardless of whether you prefer to blame poor defending. Without the ball that was sent into a dangerous area, Gestede wouldn't have scored. It caused their defenders to backpeddle and their keeper to make a half ***d decision. He caused that chaos. He created the opportunity.

Any ball into the penalty area is a ball sent into a dangerous area.  If a GK has a clean catch, drops it and the ball falls to one of your players and they score, are we crediting the player who put the bad cross in for creating the opportunity or are we laughing at the keeper? I think we're laughing at the keeper.

Again, I'm not even saying Bamford was bad, I just said I think he's trying too hard and if he settles down he and we will be better off for it.

I've already said I didn't see the Wolves game so I haven't commented on that.  I know he put the ball through last night because I was there and I saw it.  I have in different posts called it a nice ball and a lovely ball.  However, I also saw him lose the ball needlessly on more than one occasion trying something he didn't have to, which is exactly what he did against Sheff Utd as well.  Now either people are disregarding this for some reason, they aren't giving it much weight or they haven't seen it.  It's not like I said he'd played badly, I said I think he's trying too hard, which as criticism goes must be just about the least negative thing you can say about someone, with the possible exception of 'he's just too good'.  The usual hysteria on here though anyway.

you did see paddy put britt clean through for a one on one in the wolves highlights though right?

in the sheff game his chip led to goal, not a true assist as such but key pass leading to goal. and he put britt through clean one v one again last night. 

all our stats are on here. including paddy. http://www.squawka.com/players/patrick-bamford/stats#performance-score#middlesbrough-(current)#english-football-league---championship#10#season-2017/2018#829#all-matches#1-3#by-match

I see where you're coming from but I don't think the two are comparable. Bamford played an excellent ball over the top that made it very difficult for the defender to even attempt to clear properly.

Ah right, I thought it might be different somehow.  It always is on here :)

The defender misheaded the ball (is mishead a word I don't know but it doesn't sound right?)  That created the goal.  He heads it in almost any other way and we don't score because their GK doesn't come off the line to try and get it and Gestede can't put it into the net.  Go and watch the goal again, the GK comes out in response to the bad header, not the through ball from Bamford.

Friend similarly could have cleared the ball but he didn't.  What he did instead was make a mistake and they scored from it.  You said that at the time, so did Humpty, so did pretty much everyone else including myself.  He could have done almost anything else and they wouldn't have scored but he didn't. The Sheff Utd player could have done almost anything else and we also wouldn't have scored but he didn't.  Result = one is great play from us and one is terrible play from us.  Marvellous  :s  :)

Boro have just uploaded the full match on the official site!

Was it streamed anywhere like the Wolves game was do you know?

It was actually streamed through the Burton website. Sadly I only found out today. Seems that all the clubs that have integrated iFollow are also streaming the awaymatches and you can buy single matches for 5 quid. You still have to live overseas or know how to use a vpn as lots of people did at the wolves match.

Ah right, I thought it might be different somehow.  It always is on here :)

The defender misheaded the ball (is mishead a word I don't know but it doesn't sound right?)  That created the goal.  He heads it in almost any other way and we don't score because their GK doesn't come off the line to try and get it and Gestede can't put it into the net.  Go and watch the goal again, the GK comes out in response to the bad header, not the through ball from Bamford.

Friend similarly could have cleared the ball but he didn't.  What he did instead was make a mistake and they scored from it.  You said that at the time, so did Humpty, so did pretty much everyone else including myself.  He could have done almost anything else and they wouldn't have scored but he didn't. The Sheff Utd player could have done almost anything else and we also wouldn't have scored but he didn't.  Result = one is great play from us and one is terrible play from us.  Marvellous  :s  :)

He misheaded the ball BECAUSE BAMFORD PLAYED THE BALL IN SUCH A MANNER THAT IT WAS THE ONLY WAY HE COULD REALISTICALLY HEAD IT. I'd be willing to bet that if you replicated that exact ball & starting position of the defender & starting position of Gestede you'd get a very similar style header every time. 

TISP3cS.png

Sorry for the terrible screenshot but the video player won't full size so you'll have to make do. Look at his position. He's back pedaling and directly under the ball and being hassled by Rudy. 

Yes, it was a bad header, but he didn't have much choice with his body position & back pedaling. If he doesn't try and head that, Gestede probably scores, if he does head it he has to hope he can get enough on it to make Gestede miss the follow up. 

Like I said, I'd be willing to bet if you could replicate this exact scenario, you'd get a similar header more often than not, because he didn't have much else he could do. 

He doesn't have the time to make another choice. Friend had all the time in the world to clear that ball against Palace and didn't.

I apologise that I don't see things the same way as you, but there we go. This is the last I'll say on the subject because you're a stubborn so and so and there's no point in arguing with you because you very quickly resort to patronising people.