oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Nottingham Forest (A) 1-2 (Gibson)

BeardySmog Matchday Solutions

Presents

Nottingham Forest vs Middlesbrough

Kick Off - 3pm

The City Ground

19th August 2017

Intro

Well here we are again for the third instalment of Beardy Matchday Threads.. Hopefully you are not as bored of them as I. Two wins in a row, we are being spoiled, but I can't help but think that if we were more ruthless the games could have been made a lot easier than they actually were. There is no escaping that this will be a bigger test (no disrespect to the Brewers or Blades) away at a forest side who had started pretty well until last night. In what is now known as the 'Britt Assombalonga derby' what can we expect? well hopefully more of the same just with a sharper cutting edge.. but when all is said and done only the three points matter!

Last Game

BORO 2 - 0 Burton Albion

Our £15million man broke his duck with a brace and we can only hope that he can continue to be as clinical in front of goal (barring that one on one) as he was against Burton. This was a game we were expected to win, and we did not disappoint but there is no escaping the fact that Burton will not be challenging for anything other than a place in this league come the end of the season. Another clean sheet will give our defence confidence and some more positive performances at the other end of the field from Bamford and the renaissance man Gestede have given us reasons to be cheerful heading into this weekend.

Baaaaaarnsley 2-1 Forest

Tough night for Forest as they went down 2-1 to the Tykes, despite huffing and puffing towards the end of the game  they just could not find the breakthrough. If this match is anything to go by I can't see our defence being overly worked, looking pretty blunt as an attacking outfit, but I will reserve judgement until Saturday (as I am basing this on watching 5 mins of highlights)

Oh.. He used to play for us...

Muzzy Carayol - Arrived from Bristol Rovers, excited the fans, got a bit injured, and then went on to do very little. I had high hopes for Muzzy but I think he was (and still is) a little off the pace in the Championship but a likeable character nonetheless. Used as a substitute against Barnsley, looked to provide a spark.. didn't.. and that is that.

Beard Watch

Some nice tidy beards in the Forest ranks, nothing eye-catching, just good solid mid-table stuff.. pretty much what I expect from the team on the pitch.

The tip of the Beard

Forest 9/4

Draw 23/10

Middlesbrough 5/4 

So the bookies have us as slight favourites for this one but there is really not much in it, might be worth a nibble at a draw at 23/10. My BeardyBet this week will be Britt to score first and a 1-1 draw which you can get at 22/1 .. which would be a disappointing result but you could have a bit of money in your pocket to buy yourself something fancy.

Pre Match Questions

What do you think the score will be?

Formation? Predict any changes?

Forest dangerman?

Will Britt ever stop smiling?

Worst footballing beard?

Prediction

My heart is telling me 2-0 with Britt and Paddy scoring in the 2nd half.. but my head is reeling in my expectations as we are still a work in process and this is never an easy game for us so I'm going with 1-1 with Britt scoring early on and that little Scottish fella McKay scoring late on to break our hearts

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Great opening Beardy. Feel silly saying this but I think this will be our toughest game so far. I don't think Wolves was that tough as we should have gotten a draw and we gifted them the three points. Forest have had a good start and are back on home soil again. I always get that dodgy feeling when we travel to Nottingham.

What do you think the score will be? 1-1

Formation? Predict any changes? Same as tuesday but with Baker for Forshaw

Forest dangerman? Ol' man Murphy

Will Britt ever stop smiling? Never

Worst footballing beard? Anyone with a man bun

Work with a forest fan and he say Muzzy is beginning to turn it on so a bit worried he'll be right up for this one.

From all reports they were very unlucky against Barnsley and their Greek striker has been scoring for fun since pre season so this will be tough.

Be happy with a point and a clean sheet but going to go for 2-2

Might see Baker in for Forshaw but other than that I reckon he will play the same team.

UTB

Be a tough game this, our record at Forest is poor (apart from our promotion season) and they've started the season well. Would take a point, if we win this mind it'll show that we really mean business! UTB

Agree with Jimmy, never a fixture to look forward to due to previous results however a real bench marker in terms of how we approach the game.

What kind of reception will Britt get I wonder and how many will Forest track him?

A pity that Braithwaite is not available as I think this is the type of game suited to him.

One thing for certain is that we must take our chances if we are to win this game.

Score draw for me

I also think that Baker should start instead of Forshaw

Agree with Jimmy, never a fixture to look forward to due to previous results however a real bench marker in terms of how we approach the game.

What kind of reception will Britt get I wonder and how many will Forest track him?

A pity that Braithwaite is not available as I think this is the type of game suited to him.

One thing for certain is that we must take our chances if we are to win this game.

Score draw for me

I also think that Baker should start instead of Forshaw

Yep I'd like to see Baker in for Forshaw too, maybe even Fabio in for Friend.

Think he'll stick with Tuesdays team though. I trust him, big fan of Monk already me.