oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Nottingham Forest (A) 1-2 (Gibson)

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

forest are hard to read. tricky trees lol

first game against millwall they had 68% possession but millwall had 23 chances to their 11.

second game they beat brentford away, great result but another strange game. the bees had most of the play and chances and forest scored most of their shots on target(not very often that happens).

third game lost away at barnsley, but forest had all the chances and possession.

my assessment so far, they have played against 3 teams with shocking defenses and had plenty of attacking practice. but they also like to leave plenty of gaps at their end. lots o their fans are predicting a boro win. which tells you how confident they are with their defense. i think we'll have quite an open game and we will open them up no bother. 1-2 boro britt 28min.

I was at the Forest game and honestly, Millwall could have and should have been up 4 goals by the time Forest scored.

Millwall's finishing was attroticious and all came from neat play through the middle. I think that's where we are strongest.

Forest did well coming down the sides but I think the fact that they push their wingbacks on will suit us and Britt And Paddy will exploit the space that they leave.

Confidence is a massive thing in football and these past couple of games have given that to Paddy / Britt and Gestede so would be daft to break them up. I am going for the same again but with Baker replacing Forshaw. I personally think that Forshaw and Howson are too similar , with Howson the better of the two , hence the change.

As for score I am going with my tried and trusted 3-1 but will be happy enough with anything other than a defeat.

Britt , Gestede and Paddy all to score for us and Murphy to notch for them

Confidence is a massive thing in football and these past couple of games have given that to  Paddy / Britt and Gestede so would be daft to break them up. I am going for the same again but with Baker replacing Forshaw. I personally think that Forshaw and Howson are too similar , with Howson the better of the two , hence the change.

As for score I am going with my tried and trusted 3-1 but will be happy enough with anything other than a defeat.

Britt , Gestede and Paddy all to score for us and Murphy to notch for them

This is spot on.

Feeling quietly confident about this one. Our defence has looked good so far, 3 games in and we've barely had a glove laid on us besides a disallowed OG and a shocking mistake from Ayala. Forest have scored a few but also conceded 5 against two pretty average teams... and even Millwall had 23 shots, 6 on target. I reckon they'll leave space and we'll create chances for Britt/Gestede.

Baker in for Forshaw and to replace Clayton as set-piece taker. I'm backing Britt first to score 3-1 Boro.

Has it actually been stated what Braithwaite's injury is?

I think it was a hamstring? I'm sure they said that on the Gazette blog it was something like that. But I don't think the club have come out with anything official