oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Nottingham Forest (A) 1-2 (Gibson)

Think the same team as Tuesday night, keeping the winning XI. If so though expect to see Baker come on in some capacity then maybe start against S***horpe.

Ayala to replace Roberts on the bench.

I see us winning this game, but Forest is always a tricky one. Britt goal in a nervy 1-0 win.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Has it actually been stated what Braithwaite's injury is?

I think it was a hamstring? I'm sure they said that on the Gazette blog it was something like that. But I don't think the club have come out with anything official

It was described as muscular. And apparently he's running today so I can't see it being a hamstring

I'm feeling cocky as all hell and think we're going to start to click and Forest will be the unfortunate team we destroy. 5-0 Boro, Assombalonga hattrick for ***s'n'giggles. Paddy B to also return to goalscoring ways against his former club and Lewis baker to round off the scoring as a sub.

With that said and me in attendance now we're going to lose 1-0 from the only shot on target in the game and the ***s will close the M1 Northbound for roadworks so we can't even quickly scurry off home.

This is always a tough game. It was a very close call last time at the City Ground IIRC, despite an early goal.

I would bring Ayala back in for sure, I don't trust Fry against Murphy. I wonder if he'll start Baker or give him the starting role against S***horpe instead.

I'm going 1-1 though I think as with every game we will be looking to win it so I hope I'm wrong. Britt fgs, naturally. McKay for them.

I remember watching this fixture in a pub in Jersey in February 20 years back when Colin Cooper scored for Forest in a game where they absolutely stuffed us 4-0.  Jersey folk seemed thrilled with the victory. Disliked them since then. (Forest AND Jersey people :D ).  I think we were both in the promotion spots at the time.  The City Ground doesn’t have great memories for us but I feel hopeful this time.  I reckon Britt will get his 3rd goal for us here and we will win 1-0.

One change – Baker for Forshaw.

Yeah we were both fighting it out for promotion at the time. We lost 5-0 at QPR a few days later as well before winning 6-0 at home against Swindon to put us top on goal difference.

I think Andy Dibble played in the two defeats before being chased off.

Yeah we were both fighting it out for promotion at the time.  We lost 5-0 at QPR a few days later as well before winning 6-0 at home against Swindon to put us top on goal difference.

I think Andy Dibble played in the two defeats before being chased off.

Yes, brings back memories.  I'd just been to a funeral......

I remember watching this fixture in a pub in Jersey in February 20 years back when Colin Cooper scored for Forest in a game where they absolutely stuffed us 4-0.  Jersey folk seemed thrilled with the victory. Disliked them since then. (Forest AND Jersey people :D ).  I think we were both in the promotion spots at the time.  The City Ground doesn’t have great memories for us but I feel hopeful this time.  I reckon Britt will get his 3rd goal for us here and we will win 1-0.

I remember it well...Was my first visit to the City Ground

And I remember the QPR game, took Daniel who was then 12 to the match as we had been in London and he complained bitterly about staying so late for an evening kick off, wish I had listened to him!

I remember watching the very same game in an empty pub in Winchester, I stayed for the entire 90 minutes, much to the amusement of the bar staff.

I think they still made a profit that afternoon. :)

Surprised to see so many people preferring Ayala and talk about trust in the same sentence. I always dread the odd two footed tackle, horrible passing, and the absolute blunder in mistimed challenges.

I don't see why we should start him over Fry. He's hasn't been reliable since last time we were in the Championship. He's been forever injured ever since, or simply not featured at all. I'd rather put my faith in Fry and let him build some confidence.

Big game this.

Will we keep the improvement going and assert our dominance?

Or will we be over confident and forget the basics?

So hard to say, we're still learning what the team is capable of.

The result will tell us a lot about our season ahead.

UTB.

Surprised to see so many people preferring Ayala and talk about trust in the same sentence. I always dread the odd two footed tackle, horrible passing, and the absolute blunder in mistimed challenges.

I don't see why we should start him over Fry. He's hasn't been reliable since last time we were in the Championship. He's been forever injured ever since, or simply not featured at all. I'd rather put my faith in Fry and let him build some confidence.

This^

Can't say i agree with the assessment of Ayala however Fry has earned his spot in the team. We'd be sending out the wrong signals if Ayala walked straight back in the team.