oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Nottingham Forest (A) 1-2 (Gibson)

I take it that photo is from the disallowed goal?

It is.

So was that the moment of the shot at goal or was that the moment the ball was flicked on?

Flicked on, it's Britt at the back post that was offside.

That screenshot could actually be a bit misleading, if Gestede and his defender are jumping they could be on the 6 yard line right?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

*** it rather lose a game giving it a good go, than watching that dog***e from karanka.

obviously dissapointed but encouraged, another day we would have scored 4-5 by the sounds of it.

^^^ Yep. Can't argue with that.

Definitely encouraging that we really gave it a go... and very nearly got there.

Well Karanka got us promoted, and, so far, Monk has got us 6 points from 4 games. I'm not saying I'd prefer AK back, but I'm going to see how it goes before I say what I'd rather watch.

Karanka's football was a borefest.

I'd rather try to get back in to a game when we are behind.

I'd rather we made subs early to try and influence changes.

I'd rather create a tonne of chances like we did today. (We just squandered them).

We actually should have won the game today. We had so many clear chances, it was just wasteful.

I'd rather win games and get promoted. Karanka did that, Monk hasn't.

Ridiculous.. Monk hasn't had the chance yet...

*** it rather lose a game giving it a good go, than watching that dog***e from karanka.

obviously dissapointed but encouraged, another day we would have scored 4-5 by the sounds of it.

Definitely encouraging that we really gave it a go... and very nearly got there.

Well Karanka got us promoted, and, so far, Monk has got us 6 points from 4 games. I'm not saying I'd prefer AK back, but I'm going to see how it goes before I say what I'd rather watch.

I'd rather create a tonne of chances like we did today. (We just squandered them).

We actually should have won the game today. We had so many clear chances, it was just wasteful.

Wow Karanka must be ***ing amazing. He must have walked straight in to another top job.

Oh, hang on....

It looks like a good decision then. Assombalonga is a yard inside the 6 yard box and everyone else is on the edge of it. Would need to see from the side but looks right if that is the moment of the flick on.

In the championship under karanka,I saw some dazzling performances, some grinds and some ugly wins. Fans tend too have a short memory because of how poor last year was.

But Monk is the manager now. On another day Britt could have have a hat trick but he tried much too hard

It looks like a good decision then. Assombalonga is a yard inside the 6 yard box and everyone else is on the edge of it. Would need to see from the side but looks right if that is the moment of the flick on.

You sure? The Forest player battling with Gestede has his feet 1-2 feet inside the 6 yard box.

I take it that photo is from the disallowed goal?

It is.

So was that the moment of the shot at goal or was that the moment the ball was flicked on?

Flicked on, it's Britt at the back post that was offside.

That screenshot could actually be a bit misleading, if Gestede and his defender are jumping they could be on the 6 yard line right?

When I saw it I thought it probably looked a good decision, think you're right about the picture being a bit misleading

It looks like a good decision then.  Assombalonga is a yard inside the 6 yard box and everyone else is on the edge of it.  Would need to see from the side but looks right if that is the moment of the flick on.

You sure? The Forest player battling with Gestede has his feet 1-2 feet inside the 6 yard box.

Unless he's jumping.

It looks like a good decision then.  Assombalonga is a yard inside the 6 yard box and everyone else is on the edge of it.  Would need to see from the side but looks right if that is the moment of the flick on.

I don't think they are mate.  I think they are up in the air but above the 6 yard line.  It just looks like they are in the 6 yard box because it's a still photo.  I reckon if you see a replay somewhere that him and Gestede will be on the edge of the 6 yard box.  Need to see it from the side though obviously.

I think it's an optical illusion because they're both jumping.

CT is right, I think it was the correct call. Not much in it though.

Its a disappointing result at a bogey ground, but the 2 games we've lost have been narrow defeats, we've never been totally outplayed so no panic here certainly not after just 4 games.2 of which we've won. We knew from the start it was always going to be a tough season.

I don't think they are mate.  I think they are up in the air but above the 6 yard line.  It just looks like they are in the 6 yard box because it's a still photo.  I reckon if you see a replay somewhere that him and Gestede will be on the edge of the 6 yard box.  Need to see it from the side though obviously.

Possibly, looks like his feet are touching the ground to me but as has been said a still image from straight on isn't very indicative of their actual position. Hopefully they show it in the extended highlights.

Too little too late, same old story.

The addition of Traore appeared to help us by forcing them to sit back I'm not convinced their halftime instructions weren't to sit back though, but I'm sorry apart from that he has nothing to offer, he can't shoot, he can't cross. He is raw and unfinished which in my opinion is a luxury we cannot afford. The only time his passing works is if there is clear line of sight to the other play and it is direct, he cannot pass into space even.

First half was painful to watch, we were struggling to maintain possession and letting the crowd dictate the game. Their number 20 was a constant thorn in our side and we didn't change anything to try and stop him from being a creative outlet for them.

2nd half we controlled the game and stepped up the tempo but our end product was poor. Gestede winning headers to flick it on created several chances, their keeper was out quickly for the first so I don't count that as a clear chance for Britt but the second one was begging to be put away.

The entire team needs crossing and long passing practice, they were terrible. How many times are we going to see a cross not beat the first man? or worse lump it over everyone or out for a goal kick. Our long throws caused more issues than when we got a player through on the wing or a corner kick, that says it all for me.

The referee was atrocious today, blowing his whistle for everything, not letting the game flow was another thorn in our side. We had 2 chances in the first half where he blew for a foul and brought play back when we had the ball 30 yards down the pitch. The penalty I thought was a good decision from him, Gibson gave the player a shove and he was always going to go down. As soon as they went 1-0 up their players were going down with the slightest touch and we fed into that game plan.

I agree with others the team needs time to gel, and also that the midfield 3 are too similar and aren't reading the game well and leaving huge gaps between the attack and midfield which forces us to go long for an outlet.

I hope these are all teething problems and the manager and coaching staff get the drills in training to address these issues.