oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Nottingham Forest (A) 1-2 (Gibson)

Christ, the full 90 minutes video is terrible. I can totally understand why the club would say this doesn't exactly scream a 'premium' service. Getting motion sickness keeping up with the camera, the camera has bugger all field of view so it has to move around so much to keep up with play too. And the stream started at full bloody contrast.

Better than nothing for sure. But it is crap.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Christ, the full 90 minutes video is terrible. I can totally understand why the club would say this doesn't exactly scream a 'premium' service. Getting motion sickness keeping up with the camera, the camera has bugger all field of view so it has to move around so much to keep up with play too. And the stream started at full bloody contrast.

Is this the iFollow thing?  Do we have access to games but not live then?

Thought the quality was fine for the wolves game though. Suppose it depends a bit on the camera man, but yeah with just one camera it's not exactly TV material but it's none the less something I'd like to be able to get. Thankfully plenty of clubs are signed up for iFollow and their away games at the riverside are also broadcasted on their website. But it definately needs some fine tuning.

Watching the McKay goal, it was poor all round wasn't it? Vaughan was in complete control of possession until that point and not one player looked to close him down. Clayton completely sold himself trying to win the ball before it reached his man and got wrong side of him. Ball completely split through our centre-backs who didn't look interested, Randolph pretty much took himself out of the game running out with no chance to get to it and Friend, whilst running with his man, could have at least attempted to block the eventual shot which was my only initial gripe.

I think maybe I'd defend the central defenders a bit. Once the lad is running free of Clayton it's hard for them to defend that ball through the middle especially to a player that is coming in from the flank like that. Fullback really needs to track him and get a challenge in.

I think maybe I'd defend the central defenders a bit.  Once the lad is running free of Clayton it's hard for them to defend that ball through the middle especially to a player that is coming in from the flank like that.  Fullback really needs to track him and get a challenge in.

Yep I said at the time it looked poor by Friend and it gets worse every time I watch it; it's a good ball that splits the CB and there's not much they can do about it.

Well watched the whole thing now. Game of two halves. Didn't think there was much improvement throughout the first.

2nd half was a mixture of Forest sitting deeper and us playing higher up. Considering that was the case, we created enough very good chances at 1-0 to level the game and didn't take any of them, particularly the 2 in a row for Britt. First one was a good save, mind.

One silly foul later and we're looking at 2-0 down and a big enough gap for them to hold onto the points. We got the goal back quickly but it was just not enough.

Positives were there. Gestede for example was winning everything in the air. If anything, we didn't use him enough though he certainly tired towards the end. Fry, though mostly untested, made one hell of a tackle towards the end of the first half to keep it at 1-0. He also got the assist by keeping the ball alive, so there's that. Britt, for all his poor finishing, still kept getting into scoring positions and at any other ground I think he'd have scored a couple. The Forest fans were having his life though and I think it made a difference. Not exactly what you want to hear but hey, that's surely his worst game of the season already out of the way. Surely.

I definitely want to see Baker from the start, though I hope he actually takes set pieces even with Clayton on the pitch. Clayton is rarely getting the ball into dangerous areas and the technique is obviously not very good either. You can't be good at everything, mind. Shame his one big mistake for this game was probably the biggest problem in the lead up to their first.

Traore came on and looked bright, but drifted out of the game as he rarely touched the ball in the latter stages. Still mostly same old from him but he caused havoc in those first 10-15 minutes of the half. Had to watch the first chance he created and took on himself a couple of times, I was watching his blocked shot and looked like he could have took another touch and possibly drawn the foul... though the defender didn't really stick his leg out, just held his position to make the block.

All in all, we should have won the game through chances created. We were barely tested which leaves a sour taste in the mouth knowing we conceded two from two mistakes. Had Britt handled the game better, we probably would have won.