oneBoro Forum

Boro v Scunthorpe Utd (League Cup) 3-0 (Fabio, Baker, Fletcher)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought Baker was better than both of them, underwhelmed by Fletcher again, even with him getting on the scoresheet. He really needs to work on his first touch, far too heavy more often than not.

I thought Baker was better than both of them, underwhelmed by Fletcher again, even with him getting on the scoresheet. He really needs to work on his first touch, far too heavy more often than not.

Baker was my MoM tonight. Proper player that lad

Had to settle for the radio tonight but it sounds like everything came through Baker, you'd think he'll replace Forshaw in the side this weekend

Had to settle for the radio tonight but it sounds like everything came through Baker, you'd think he'll replace Forshaw in the side this weekend

Although leadbitter played a few good balls forward, everything positive we did came through Baker. 2 footed, clever, knows when to play simple, aware of the whole game around him alongside excellent work rate. Top top footballer

Although leadbitter played a few good balls forward, everything positive we did came through Baker. 2 footed, clever, knows when to play simple, aware of the whole game around him alongside excellent work rate. Top top footballer

Baker was the best player on the pitch tonight by a stretch. I actually said to my brother that leadboots would get it though as I'm sure he is maddos love-child. I remember him getting it one match a few years ago after a dog awful game. He did do ok tonight though. About his level now I'd suggest.

Baker has to play at the weekend and as much as people are saying we will lose something if we leave out gestede after the start he has had I expect that the front three will be bamford Britt and Braithwaite once everyone is fit.

Cardiff's unbeaten start to the season is going for a Burton they are 2-0 down

I don't know whether they played a strong side or not but let's hope this carries over into the league as they are flying at the minute.

Baker was fantastic, almost flawless. He played as a boy of a box to box player but with probably a 75:25 split Attack:Defence which gave us a #10 when going forwards but 3 midfielders going backwards.

Traore first half was absolutely unplayable and was delivering good quality into the box. Second half I felt we didn't get it to him enough, whether that was tactical or not I don't know but I feel it was a mistake.

Tavernier, where was he playing? Not a criticism just I'm really not sure, never took on a man and put the ball in, he was more interested in giving Fabio space. Decent performance and an assist so I can't be too hard on him but if he's a winger, be a winger.

Fletcher, what is there to say? I don't know what he actually does, his passing is poor, his touch is poor, his finishing is poor, he's not strong in the air... I hope Beattie has a plan to get a lot more out of him as right now we've absolutely had our pants pulled down.

Fabio was generally good although got caught about 40 yards out of position in the first 5 minutes which would've been punished in the championship. Good goal although my gran could've finished that header. Overall a good performance.

Roberts showed himself to be an able deputy to Christie, good going forwards and largely good at the back as well. Could've been punished on a few occasions but was well covered by the man I'll talk about next...

Dael Fry, what a performance! Continue that and he should be in/around our first team all season, the kid could go on to be a superstar, potentially surpassing Gibson.

Ayala was solid, some good drives forwards. One sloppy pass to Fry and S***horpe were nearly in but they took too long and wasted the chance. (I think it was Ayala who played the pass, not 100%)

Leadbitter had a really good game although I get the feeling it couldn't be replicated in the championship.

Forshaw was good but still seems to have that hesitation to actually try the pass that you just know he can see.

Thought it was a very enjoyable match tonight. The players that came in gave a very good account of themselves, especially the youngsters.

Thought the first team regulars in leadbitter and Forshaw were pretty poor. Leadbitter gave the ball away far too often. Fletcher as well looked pretty ineffective most of the game. Weak shot straight at the keeper summed his night up (I know he scored, but it was a tap in...).

Baker looked great once he got going. In the second quarter of the match especially, he was really ticking. Nice goal as well.

Roberts the young right back impressed me, good tackling and decent getting forwards.

It seemed to me that the centre backs tonight were playing for the chance to play alongside gibbo for the upcoming games, and fry won it hands down. He looked a lot more composed than ayala tonight. And although Ayala can bring the ball out of defence well, with us just having two defenders at the back for a lot of the time with our new formation, we need defenders who can defend.

Going to be a tough call for Monk on Saturday. I think Baker was coming into the starting 11 no matter what the result tonight, after that performance there's no way he isn't starting.

It's going to be difficult to see past Traore starting as well after two good performances in a row, but who out of Britt, Gestede and Bamford would he replace? Seems like you want Gestede (who is in good form) and Traore on the pitch at the same time. Assombalonga had a stinker at Forest but Bamford hasn't scored yet both will be low on confidence and might be damaging to drop either...

In Central Defence, both Fry and Ayala will be battling for the spot with Gibson. I think Fry is difficult to drop at this point, although it wasn't the best performance at Forest...

Has Fabio played his way into the side to replace Friend?