oneBoro Forum

Boro v Scunthorpe Utd (League Cup) 3-0 (Fabio, Baker, Fletcher)

As a point of interest, this is the line-up that Monk played for Leeds' first round cup game last season, away at Fleetwood:

1 Green

31 Coyle

5 Bartley

6 Cooper

21 Taylor

25 Vieira

23 Phillips

24 Sacko

19 Hernández

7 Roofe

9 Wood

Admittedly, I didn't watch a lot of Leeds last season, but wasn't that pretty much their first choice XI?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I kind of agree but it's time to bring out Forshaw or Howson and stick in Baker. Baker needs to be on from the start if he really is that different proposition people talk about. I didn't see much in the Shef United game to suggest that and I didn't see anything but highlights in either of the other games (though I might watch the Forest 90 back on the website) but from those that have watched him, there seems to be enough promise to suggest he should start and really give him the chance to earn his place against Preston.

I also think Traore and Fabio need starts for the same reason. Fabio deserves a chance based on a fairly average start to the season by Friend and the fact he is a very good full back at this level who we could be utilising in absence of Friend's form. Traore has supposedly changed both games he has come onto the pitch for which is no less than we should expect from him at this level but if he can do what he does at his best for a full 90 or even 70 minutes, we should expect him to tear this S***horpe team to shreds and get prepared to do the same again on Saturday.

Other than that, Ayala in for Fry if he's fit and I'd be happy with no other changes. We want to put out our strongest team but I still don't think we know what our strongest team is. It probably will include Ayala if he stays fit. It probably will contain Baker and it certainly could contain both Fabio and Traore. No better time to give that a try.

I'm just not sure who to drop for Traore. Everyone else makes sense. Forshaw, Friend and Fry out for Baker, Fabio and Ayala. The most obvious choice for Traore would be Bamford, I guess?

Not bothered about Fabio but it'd be wise to give traore a start and see if he can continue his new found abilities from the start

I'm sorry, but I didn't see any 'New found abilities ' I saw loads of the same old Traore, lightening quick but dog *** end product

Not bothered about Fabio but it'd be wise to give traore a start and see if he can continue his new found abilities from the start

I'm sorry, but I didn't see any 'New found abilities ' I saw loads of the same old Traore, lightening quick but dog *** end product

Well I've seen him set up Britt and a couple of others. That's three more than last season

Echo team for tonight

Dimi;

Fabio, Ayala, Fry, Roberts;

Leadbitter;

Howson, Baker;

Fletcher, Gestede, Traore

Copy cats! :P

More or less what I expected, although I'd much rather have a more mobile striker up front than Gestede. I appreciate Gestedes contribution but I hope Bamford starts up top. Other than that the team looks fine. If Gibbo doesn't play there will be loads of speculation though :)

....................Dimi..........................

Roberts......Fry.......Gibson......Fabio

........leadbitter.....Forshaw..............

......................Baker...........................

.Howson........Bamford.........Fletcher

Bit different but for me looks well balanced to me and should be enough to beat S***horpe.

....................Dimi..........................

Roberts......Fry.......Gibson......Fabio

........leadbitter.....Forshaw..............

......................Baker...........................

.Howson........Bamford.........Fletcher

Bit different but for me looks well balanced to me and should be enough to beat S***horpe.

Don't think Howson as a right winger/striker adds to the balance. After Taverniers strong pre season and hattrick last week maybe we could see him tonight.

............Dimi...........

Roberts Ayala Gibson Fabio

.....Clayton Leadbitter.....

.......... Baker............

Bamford...........Braithwaite

.......Assombalonga.........

Think Monk said Braithwaite is back in proper training but last Saturday was too soon but hopefully we'll see him back tonight

............Dimi...........

Roberts Ayala  Gibson Fabio

.....Clayton Leadbitter.....

.......... Baker............

Bamford...........Braithwaite

.......Assombalonga.........

Think Monk said Braithwaite is back in proper training but last Saturday was too soon but hopefully we'll see him back tonight

Don't think we will see him back before after the international break. Maybe on the bench against PNE.