oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End 0-0

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/forumdis...iscussions[/size]

So what changes if any do you think Monk will make?

Will we come out of the blocks in front of a vibrant home crowd like we did onTuesday?

What do you think the score will be?

Have your say - UTB!!

92588415_Borobadge.thumb.jpg.3e409116295443cef465b9260d18bbff.jpg

107.png.d9e4756327fd5e99c187017f7968fb81.png

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would be good to go into the IB with a win against Preston, hopefully to spur us onto our first away win of 2017.

They will be tough but this simply is a must win game.

Selection headaches for Monk? Certainly do not see Forshaw and Howson starting the game as we don't need that pairing so a must start for Baker if all is well.

For anyone interested you can buy the match on the Preston website through iFollow like the games against Wolves and Forest. Really hope I can get some time to watch it.

For anyone interested you can buy the match on the Preston website through iFollow like the games against Wolves and Forest. Really hope I can get some time to watch it.

i did yesterday m8,and bought forest game as well last sat,seems the way to go :D

Let's play the old classic 4-1-2-2-1 with our in form* players.

*well, we'll give Britt another go...

------------------ Randolph ------------------

-- Christie -- Fry ---- Gibson -- Fabio --

-------------------- Clayton --------------------

------------ Howson ----- Baker -----------

-- Traore ---------------------- Bamford --

--------------- Assombalonga ---------------  

Once Braithwaite is fit I'd like to see him start on that left-ish side, then rotate Bamford/Traore pending on the opposition.

If Howson and Forshaw start again together there will be some quite seriously annoyed badger scenes, wherever he is when the teams are announced.

Randolph

Christie

Fabio

Fry

Gibson

Clayton

Howson

Baker

Traore

Gestede

Assombalonga

Flipped a coin for Bamford and Traore. I think Bamford's made a big difference to our style of play this season in his link up play but if Baker's playing we may not need to be so reliant on it. I'd like to think we'd capitalise on Traore finding a bit of confidence from mid week. Bamford would very unlucky not to start, so i wouldn't be surprised to see him start either. You certainly can't drop Gestede after the start to the season he's had, it would send out all the wrong messages and i think we'd be weaker for it anyway.

Randolph

Christie

Fabio

Fry

Gibson

Clayton

Howson

Baker

Traore

Gestede

Assombalonga

Flipped a coin for Bamford and Traore. I think Bamford's made a big difference to our style of play this season in his link up play  but if Baker's playing we may not need to be so reliant on it. I'd like to think we'd capitalise on Traore finding a bit of confidence from mid week. Bamford would very unlucky not to start, so i wouldn't be surprised to see him start either. You certainly can't drop Gestede after the start to the season he's had, it would send out all the wrong messages and i think we'd be weaker for it anyway.

I'm in agreement that Gestede is undropable at the moment, especially if Traore is coming into the team it would be counter intuitive to drop our biggest aerial threat and focal point. Unfortunately that means dropping one of Bamford and Assombalonga. Both will be low on confidence and it will be damaging to drop either but I'd have to go with dropping Bamford to bring on at 60 or so minutes depending on how the game is going.

Baker has to start, although I'm of the opinion that he would have started this game no matter how he performed in the cup. With Baker Christie and Traore on the pitch there will be markedly more balls being sent into the box.

Going forward I'm not sure if we need both Traore and Christie on the pitch. Christie seems to give a similar attacking output as Traore, beating men and putting a ball into the box, but he also does his defensive duties as a right back.

The other option is playing in more of a lop sided 4-4-2 with Bamford playing high up the pitch as a left winger and arriving at the back post whilst Traore operates from deeper on the right, him and Christie would have 3 strikers to aim at in the box. This would probably require us to have a midfield 2 of Howson and Clayton to provide stability, rather than playing Baker.

Randolph

Christie

Fabio

Fry

Gibson

Clayton

Howson

Baker

Traore

Gestede

Assombalonga

Flipped a coin for Bamford and Traore. I think Bamford's made a big difference to our style of play this season in his link up play  but if Baker's playing we may not need to be so reliant on it. I'd like to think we'd capitalise on Traore finding a bit of confidence from mid week. Bamford would very unlucky not to start, so i wouldn't be surprised to see him start either. You certainly can't drop Gestede after the start to the season he's had, it would send out all the wrong messages and i think we'd be weaker for it anyway.

I'm in agreement that Gestede is undropable at the moment, especially if Traore is coming into the team it would be counter intuitive to drop our biggest aerial threat and focal point. Unfortunately that means dropping one of Bamford and Assombalonga. Both will be low on confidence and it will be damaging to drop either but I'd have to go with dropping Bamford to bring on at 60 or so minutes depending on how the game is going.

Baker has to start, although I'm of the opinion that he would have started this game no matter how he performed in the cup. With Baker Christie and Traore on the pitch there will be markedly more balls being sent into the box.

Going forward I'm not sure if we need both Traore and Christie on the pitch. Christie seems to give a similar attacking output as Traore, beating men and putting a ball into the box, but he also does his defensive duties as a right back.

The other option is playing in more of a lop sided 4-4-2 with Bamford playing high up the pitch as a left winger and arriving at the back post whilst Traore operates from deeper on the right, him and Christie would have 3 strikers to aim at in the box. This would probably require us to have a midfield 2 of Howson and Clayton to provide stability, rather than playing Baker.

I'd disagree that bamford and Britt will be low on confidence bamford has been playing well and Britt has had one dodgy game. But you could say he's scored two in the last two

Yeah good point I don't think they're low on confidence. More that it could be damaging to their confidence to drop them. Britt will be chomping at the bit to score after missing so many chances the best thing for him is to get back on the horse ASAP.

Paddy is producing some brilliant football but is yet to score, he started the first game on the bench and has had a rough 2 years, dropping him again is sending a message that what he's produced so far is not good enough which would be an unfair reflection on his good performances. I'm just glad I don't have to make these decisions...

Yeah good point I don't think they're low on confidence. More that it could be damaging to their confidence to drop them. Britt will be chomping at the bit to score after missing so many chances the best thing for him is to get back on the horse ASAP.

Paddy is producing some brilliant football but is yet to score, he started the first game on the bench and has had a rough 2 years, dropping him again is sending a message that what he's produced so far is not good enough which would be an unfair reflection on his good performances. I'm just glad I don't have to make these decisions...

Not that I would drop Britt as I think he's far and away our best forward. But if monk was ever to do it now after last week wouldn't be the time