oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End 0-0

People keep complaining about the amount of Long Balls we play, but we're 20th for the amount of long passes and 7th for short passes. Maybe people are too used to Karanka's ball on the deck approach so wince every time the ball is played into the air?

Maybe it's because we make a lot of meaningless short passes before punting it upfield. It just seems like a lot of our forward play is long balls upfield, but I suppose the stats say otherwise.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, our direct long passes have been more effective whilst Gestede is in the team. The problem is we seem to take half an hour into a game before we even realise we have Gestede on the pitch.

Just seen the highlights on the website. There were actually more highlights than I thoughy :) But oh my Britt, just way too greedy with his first half big chance. Excellent work from him to take it from midfield to the box but he should have just slipped it to the left to Fabio and would likely have been 1-0. And Howson needs to learn to attack the ball instead of just running besides the opponent when they have the ball. Attack it don't just run besides it. That's something I teach even to my U8 girls team!

By all means you want your striker to WANT to score. But if Britt had been aware of the people around him for that chance, we would likely have been a goal up there and then. And that's certainly what I would have preferred.

Haven't seen anyone mention the penalty shout in the first half, i was sat right in front of it about ten yards away and it looked clear as day to me, defender came and took Britt's legs away quite blatantly, surprised no one has mentioned it.

Haven't seen anyone mention the penalty shout in the first half, i was sat right in front of it about ten yards away and it looked clear as day to me, defender came and took Britt's legs away quite blatantly, surprised no one has mentioned it.

There was talk at the time but the camera angle wasn't great.

Thought at the time it could have been given for sure.

Looked like a penalty to me in the back of the South Stand. Think the ref was reluctant to give it as neither player had possession of the ball.

I thought it was a penalty at the time, even if I thought it was a bit soft. I thought the defender just put his leg where he ought not to have put it, silly decision from him. Certainly seen them given.

Could have been given, but it looked like the ball was running out of play and it was an accidental tangle of legs. Would have been a very soft pen like Gibbos last week. Don't think many would have complained had it been given just like many aren't complaining that it wasn't given.