oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton (A) 3-0 (Britt (2) Johnson)

After what i saw against S***horpe, i wouldn't begrudge Tavernier a place on the bench as well as somebody who could change the game if its not going as we want or as a player to bring on if we are well ahead to give him some game time.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy with MBPs team but gibbo instead of fry

3-1 Julio baptiste 1st goal in 11th minute

Britt Treble after

If Baptista starts after not playing for a professional team in 11 months, I wouldn't even begrudge him scoring.

Happy with MBPs team but gibbo instead of fry

3-1 Julio baptiste 1st goal in 11th minute

Britt Treble after

If Baptista starts after not playing for a professional team in 11 months, I wouldn't even begrudge him scoring.

He may have smashed in some fitness work behind the scenes and he also scored a beauty at the super sixes

I'm basing my wild guess solely on the tounge in cheek nature of the OP

:)

just shows the doubt and uncertainty that needs removing from my current expectations when a match like this comes around .  two seasons ago id have had no fears whatsoever and been fully confident of an easyish win.  Until we start clicking as a team and the swagger and confidence a side (and its fans)hoping to maybe not smash but be up there right at the top end , returns , no result win lose or draw would be a suprise as we stand at this precise time especially given our recent away performances but its going to get better sooner or later so im saying/hoping an away win for us but only by one goal . 

team/formation id like to see.

Randolph

Christie          Ayala                   Gibson        Fabio

Clayton

Baker                 Howson

Braithwaite   ( or Traore )

Bamford            Assombalonga

The perfect game to come back to. Bolton will be low on confidence having just been smashed by Hull and we should be beating them comfortably if we turn up.

I'd love to see this team:

Randolph

Christie Fry Ayala Fabio

Clayton Howson

Baker

Traore Britt Bamford

I think that Adama can test himself against Bolton and should be doing well against them personally. It's worrying if we're not willing to give him a go against a lower opposition.

I'd be delighted if Bamford can score and I think Britt also needs a goal after his performance at Forest.

A clean sheet and comfortable 3-0 win.

Bamford (18 mins) and Britt x2 ( 34 and 64).

I think it's harsh to drop Gibson.

Bringing the Gestede rumour over to this thread, I wonder who comes in if he is out? The obvious choice would be Braithwaite, playing out left and pushing Assombalonga into the middle. But I wonder if it might allow Downing or Traore to come in as a wider option?

I wonder if it will be too soon for Braithwaite. Reports still aren't favourable towards his inclusion.

I'd not be surprised to see Downing come into the side to be honest. Not a like for like replacement by any means but is clearly doing enough in training to bring himself back into the fold. And losing Gestede from the starting line up is going to make some difference to how we play regardless of who comes in, nobody else does the job he does in this squad.

Think we might see a front three of Assombalonga, Bamford and Traore, which would be mint in my opinion.

However, Traore being a bit of an enigma at present with possible fitness/commitment issues I wouldn't be surprised to see Fletcher in the starting 11.

That being said I'd much rather see Traore. This is all based on Braithwaite still being injured which I assume he is.

If Braithwaite is fit then the 4-3-3 picks itself, I think Gestede provided too much of an easy option for our team to hit it long and would like to see Bamford, Baker Braithwaite play with Assombalonga as they are all neat footballers, Gestede was more of a battering ram.

If Braithwaite is not fit then either Traore or Fletcher should come in. Traore isn't as effective without Gestede on but there should still be two strikers in the box at all times and he has done more to deserve the start so far. This could be the perfect game for Fletcher to prove his worth however, he is closer in his style of play to Braithwaite in a 4-3-3. I predict we'll start with one and change to the other at half time.

1-2 Bamford FGS

IMO, the main problem of having Gestede in the team as someone to hit it long to (certainly in the Preston game) is that we weren't hitting it long to him often enough. We know his qualities at this level, we know that he's a limited footballer but one of the best forwards in this division in aerial battles. And yet we didn't utilise that effectively. If you're going to put him in the team ahead of other forwards, you should be using that option more often. You don't want to play such one-dimensional football for sure but if you want to play the ball on the floor for the majority of the game, he shouldn't really be on the pitch.