oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton (A) 3-0 (Britt (2) Johnson)

Looks a good team to me. Bit sad that bamford isn't starting, he's been great whenever I've seen him

2-0 Boro with Assombalonga and bamford to score.

For me Bamford has been our best attacking player whenever I've seen him this season but seems to get dropped at every opportunity. I think Monk just isn't convinced by him for some reason.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how when Monk puts out a 4231 with Clayton Leadbitter DMs it is attack minded but when AK done it, it was ultra cautious...

Well a 4-2-3-1 isn't in nature a defensive formation by any means. It's a pretty standardised format nowadays from plenty of teams across Europe.

It is what you make of it, absolutely more about the philosophy. With Karanka, you know it was more of a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-5-1, cautious on the wing, wingers had to cover defensively or Karanka would fume. And I can't understand how anyone would think Christie and Traore on paper equals defensive on the right wing.

Happy to see that Friend and Howsons poor performances have been noticed. Only disappointed that Bamford is on the bench but I suppose Downing has really knuckled down and that deserves some recognition and Traore must have reacted well to being dropped last time and not being sold. Hope we see some big performances from those two wingers today and a goal by Britt. Steady 2-0 win with britt and Downing getting the goals.

Looks like GM is reverting to the tried-and-trusted 4-2-3-1.

Clayton & Leadbitter in central midfield ought to give us some control. Lets hope Baker, Downing & Traore can do the business going forward (i.e. getting some service to Britt and maybe chipping in with a goal or two themselves).

Still feeling somewhat optimistic. Bolton are lacking form and currently propping up the table. Should be a good opportunity for the lads to show what they can do.

Don't expect an easy game but we really ought to be looking for 3 points today.

I've been trying for 15 mins to purchase the game on iFollow, any other overseas lads have a direct link to the right page? It's got me stuck in a loop

It's not on iFollow because it has been selected for foreign TV coverage. There will be plenty of streams for you to watch the game for free on.

I've been trying for 15 mins to purchase the game on iFollow, any other overseas lads have a direct link to the right page? It's got me stuck in a loop

It's not on iFollow because it has been selected for foreign TV coverage. There will be plenty of streams for you to watch the game for free on.

Oh really? It says on their website that you can purchase it. Must have been a last minute switch. Thanks for putting me or if my misery, that was an infuriating situation for a while!