oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton (A) 3-0 (Britt (2) Johnson)

Another game I've seen with Fry playing another brilliant display and goalsaving block I can't get over how solid he's looked the only criticism fans have mustered for him is he needs to hit the gym he's too lean I mean he's deceptively fast at covering ground maybe because he's so lean?

On the ball his touch is brilliant and he always tries to bring the ball out like Stones every game he seems to get better and better to me I don't know what's going on but if he keeps this up his hype will surpass Gibson's I mean Fry makes himself very difficult to get rid of his man marking is as good as I've seen.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

We still look a bit one sided as far as threat is concerned. Baker has shown some nice touches and obviously has talent but needs to get up to speed in the champo a bit. Not sure what has happened to Downing tbh, he hasn't played bad but my word he looks like a rabbit in the headlights whenever hes past the half way line. 

I'd like to see Johnson on the second half, we need another threat other than Adama and tbh I doubt Adama will last 90 mins.

Clayton and Leadbitter are staying deep like they did under Karanka and they're covering fullbacks while we always complained about the pair of them when we couldn't score they are keeping us tight at the back here which I don't think we would have quite as well if Howson started there. Baker has had some great little touches and moments so far he could easily get us a couple of chances second half. Traore is just too much for every single LB in this league I mean I remember him running through half the Tottenham team at this level these defenders don't have a prayer if he turns up second half in the same mood and Christie stays out of his way he could even get himself a goal as Bolton start chasing an equaliser.

Downing has been a bit hit and miss that first half. Some lovely touches but some daft passes. I'd like to see Bamford on for a bit more movement up front.

It seems like we're playing baker higher up and it's not working currently. Too one dimensional in front of the Bolton defence currently.