oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton (A) 3-0 (Britt (2) Johnson)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at the game yes it's Bolton and given there position we should win. I was impressed we wanted to score more rather than sit back . very happy good performance and we creat lots and lots of chances. Credit to Monk got selection and team right today. Adama played well and made the difference at times but i think the team overall played fantatsic and worked as a unit.Randolph made some great saves also. Up the Boro.

Fantastic result - just what Boro needed to inject some confidence and self-belief.

We looked far the better team early in the first half and made our superiority tell with that first goal. Based on today the Traore / Britt combination could reap huge rewards for us this season.

Second half we went into our shells a bit and at one point Bolton looked more likely to score the next goal. Took a bit of opportunism from Traore, intercepting a pass and going on another run to link up with Britt again, to make the game safe.

It was 1-way traffic after that, but it just shows that if Boro put the effort in early and capitalise on their chances, they can boss games.

That said, Bolton are bottom of the table and offered little threat for much of the game. Most of our games will be much tougher than this.

Damn! Britt really should've had a hat-trick.

A header wide and a shot that hits the keeper's legs in the space of a few minutes.

He seemed pretty adamant that header deflected up and over.

Well wide is a sort of over...  :P

Traore - 16 successful dribbles

Next highest Craig Noone with... 2!

Not knocking the lad but what constitutes a successful dribble

I don't know to be honest but I'm just highlighting the massive difference between him and 2nd place.

Well presumably taking the ball past a player.

I'm surprised nobody else did more than 2 though.

16 is an insane stat by the way

To put it into perspective the second highest dribbler in the league Barry McKay has 3.2 per game. With Traore's two sub appearances he's averaged 9 per game.

Last year the only player to beat him in the worlds top leagues was Neymar and that was by 0.6 of a dribble per game or something. Neymar over took him in the last few weeks when Traore was just getting cameos off the bench and being misused centrally and on the left.

Any away win is a good win, but 3-0 regardless of Bolton being bottom is a cracking result, never got to see the game so will watch what highlights there are tonight.

The lads will be going into the game against Villa on a high, tough game but we're well capable of getting a win.