oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton (A) 3-0 (Britt (2) Johnson)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw the extended highlights on the Boro site. Adama, take a bow son. Play like that every week and there's not a full-back in the division who can stop him.

Calls for Downing to be dropped for Johnson seem a bit unfair based on those highlights. Seemed to do quite well. Besides, a team wins 3-0 without any reasonably poor performances, the last thing you really want to do (especially when your next game is quite similar, a struggling team away from home with slow defenders) is change anything. Give them the next game together.

And with that result we put ourselves into the top 6. What a difference a win makes at this stage of the season. Looks like the break came at a good time for us. UTB.

I thought downing played pretty well tbh. His passing is still second to none and he looks like he's trying again.

Yeah he's not the quickest but he really does look like he's interested again and I do believe a motivated downing has the ability to be one of the best players in this league, so we have to give him a try.

Just saw the extended highlights on the Boro site. Adama, take a bow son. Play like that every week and there's not a full-back in the division who can stop him.

Calls for Downing to be dropped for Johnson seem a bit unfair based on those highlights. Seemed to do quite well. Besides, a team wins 3-0 without any reasonably poor performances, the last thing you really want to do (especially when your next game is quite similar, a struggling team away from home with slow defenders) is change anything. Give them the next game together.

And with that result we put ourselves into the top 6. What a difference a win makes at this stage of the season. Looks like the break came at a good time for us. UTB.

I thought downing played pretty well tbh. His passing is still second to none and he looks like he's trying again.

Yeah he's not the quickest but he really does look like he's interested again and I do believe a motivated downing has the ability to be one of the best players in this league, so we have to give him a try.

Downing will never get a fair crack of the whip with some of our fans. but he certainly is playing better this season and I hope he continues as I agree with you Brunners he still can be one if the best players in this league.

In other news, I've been one of Traores biggest critics and wouldn't have been upset if we sold him in the summer. But after yesterday all I can say is wow. Really hope it's a sign of things to come

I'm not a Downing boo-boy, but I thought him and Baker were very wasteful with the ball yesterday.

The thing is not everything is going to come off but they're trying things which is better than downing of the previous years where hed never be wasteful with the ball because he always just played the safe pass.

I will also echo the role Grant played yesterday.

He is a natural leader and isn't afraid to tell people what to do and when to do it. Also him and Clayton know each other's game inside out and they looked balanced and comfortable yesterday. It was great to see!

I'd like to see Downing have a run in the team before I cast judgement. He didn't do himself any favours yesterday mind, but neither did Baker..

I think Downing's a better player when Friend isn't on the pitch demanding the ball from him I think Downing gets stuck in a mode where he doesn't know what to do with the ball except give the ball to Friend whereas Fabio's more measured in his overlaps and doesn't overrun the ball as much as Friend so Downing knew he could tuck inside a little and maybe get the ball back from Fabio if he went there. Only criticism of Downing yesterday was his through balls he had a few opportunities where he tried to play that killer ball and it was just blocked or underhit I still think Braithwaite will come into that role but for certain games, especially with Traore on the other side, Downing on the left side might be a good option for us defensively. Crazy that a few games in and the growing consensus is Ayala and Friend aren't first teamers anymore who'd have thought that in June...

I think Downing's a better player when Friend isn't on the pitch demanding the ball from him I think Downing gets stuck in a mode where he doesn't know what to do with the ball except give the ball to Friend whereas Fabio's more measured in his overlaps and doesn't overrun the ball as much as Friend so Downing knew he could tuck inside a little and maybe get the ball back from Fabio if he went there. Only criticism of Downing yesterday was his through balls he had a few opportunities where he tried to play that killer ball and it was just blocked or underhit I still think Braithwaite will come into that role but for certain games, especially with Traore on the other side, Downing on the left side might be a good option for us defensively. Crazy that a few games in and the growing consensus is Ayala and Friend aren't first teamers anymore who'd have thought that in June...

i think its more friend and ayala where key players and now they have dropped down and are more first team/squad players due to poor reliability and form. not to mention the likes of fry, shotton and fabio able to do a similar job.

Just how the hell did the ref and linesman miss that blatant pull on Baker in the second half when we broke forward into the area? It was a blatant penalty.

Ref was watching the ball, but the linesman should have spotted it 100%

Just how the hell did the ref and linesman miss that blatant pull on Baker in the second half when we broke forward into the area? It was a blatant penalty.

Ref was watching the ball, but the linesman should have spotted it 100%

One of them defiantly should have. It was just a few yards from the ref though and looked like it was in plain sight. Definately thought he was going to blow the whistle.

i just watched the full game on mfc. we were pretty decent like. looked in control, unlike other games apart from short spells. bolton were a bit toothless, but when you look at our team we did show a bit to much for them. pace all over the pitch and grant/clayts back together in the middle, no surprise we looked like a proper team again. traore looked like part of the team to, which is fantastic news. proper player him (arry talk).

i fancy us on tuesday now utb.