oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton (A) 3-0 (Britt (2) Johnson)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

i just watched the full game on mfc. we were pretty decent like. looked in control, unlike other games apart from short spells. bolton were a bit toothless, but when you look at our team we did show a bit to much for them. pace all over the pitch and grant/clayts back together in the middle, no surprise we looked like a proper team again. traore looked like part of the team to, which is fantastic news. proper player him (arry talk).

i fancy us on tuesday now utb.

When we scored you could see how much it meant to Adama and how much everyone else celebrated Adama, it was pretty cool to see everyone else make sure he knew how well he was doing.

i just watched the full game on mfc. we were pretty decent like. looked in control, unlike other games apart from short spells. bolton were a bit toothless, but when you look at our team we did show a bit to much for them. pace all over the pitch and grant/clayts back together in the middle, no surprise we looked like a proper team again. traore looked like part of the team to, which is fantastic news. proper player him (arry talk).

When we scored you could see how much it meant to Adama and how much everyone else celebrated Adama, it was pretty cool to see everyone else make sure he knew how well he was doing.

There was definitely a conscious effort to make sure that Adama felt loved, hopefully the coaching team have identified that this is the way to get the best out him

There was definitely a conscious effort to make sure that Adama felt loved, hopefully the coaching team have identified that this is the way to get the best out him

yes looks a happy player. players generally dont play very well if unhappy. i think the group of young lads we have now are good craic. i bet they enjoy training and hanging about together. 

what i was buzzing over other than the clear team bonding that starting to happen, adama was playing with his head up, looking as hes running. its only one game but if adama keeps playing with his head up and gets his confidence flowing, he'll win us most games on his own. the team are moving round him now. unlike the slugs round him last season up front, britt is reading him, christie can actually support him going forward and the likes of baker, bamford, fletcher, johnson and braithwaite have the pace to get up with him on those bursts he does. 

clayton and leadbitter can just hold the middle and plug the gaps control the game for us while those mentioned can create. we are developing into a far better team than karanka had. the quality is there through the pitch now, it was always lacking under karanka.

I really hope that Monk sticks with the 4-2-3-1 now. It has always been my favourite formation. If Braithwaite is fit then he could play LW which would put even more pace and direct running ability into the side. With the attacking players at Monk's disposal he doesn't need to try to find a unique formation to get promoted, we have enough quality within this team to do so in a standard formation like 4-2-3-1. The two holding midfielders of Clayton and Leadbitter are such a solid base to build a side around; Clayton always gets the plaudits but Leadbitter is equally important as he does the basics very well and keeps the ball moving around the team with minimal fuss. He's the sort of player that will only be appreciated by his critics when he isn't there anymore. A*** some fans who for many years have been clamoring a more attack-minded midfielder that will score buckets loads of goals a season, they've failed to appreciate what Leadbitter brings to the side. Most seemed to think Howson would be the answer to our problems but he has failed to perform, let alone provide more than what Leadbitter does. I know we played a poor Bolton side but the balance and understanding of the side looked a marked improvement. Hopefully that game can be the catalyst to our season by giving Monk the formation that he's going to stick with and start building his side within. Our squad is top heavy with CM's and strikers but light on wingers/#10 which we will have to cope with until we can tweak the balance in January.

I really hope that Monk sticks with the 4-2-3-1 now. It has always been my favourite formation. If Braithwaite is fit then he could play LW which would put even more pace and direct running ability into the side. With the attacking players at Monk's disposal he doesn't need to try to find a unique formation to get promoted, we have enough quality within this team to do so in a standard formation like 4-2-3-1. The two holding midfielders of Clayton and Leadbitter are such a solid base to build a side around; Clayton always gets the plaudits but Leadbitter is equally important as he does the basics very well and keeps the ball moving around the team with minimal fuss. He's the sort of player that will only be appreciated by his critics when he isn't there anymore. A*** some fans who for many years have been clamoring a more attack-minded midfielder that will score buckets loads of goals a season, they've failed to appreciate what Leadbitter brings to the side. Most seemed to think Howson would be the answer to our problems but he has failed to perform, let alone provide more than what Leadbitter does. I know we played a poor Bolton side but the balance and understanding of the side looked a marked improvement. Hopefully that game can be the catalyst to our season by giving Monk the formation that he's going to stick with and start building his side within. Our squad is top heavy with CM's and strikers but light on wingers/#10 which we will have to cope with until we can tweak the balance in January.

Fair points, although I think the club are pretty well off for wingers: Downing, Adoma, Johnson, Bamford and Braithwaite are all pretty good on the wing, Baker, Bamford and Downing can all play number 10, we've got decent players struggling to get on the bench as it is, I'd be reluctant to buy more.

The perfect game to come back to. Bolton will be low on confidence having just been smashed by Hull and we should be beating them comfortably if we turn up.

I'd love to see this team:

Randolph

Christie Fry Ayala Fabio

Clayton Howson

Baker

Traore Britt Bamford

I think that Adama can test himself against Bolton and should be doing well against them personally. It's worrying if we're not willing to give him a go against a lower opposition.

I'd be delighted if Bamford can score and I think Britt also needs a goal after his performance at Forest.

A clean sheet and comfortable 3-0 win.

Bamford (18 mins) and Britt x2 ( 34 and 64).

Call me Mystic Meg.