oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton (A) 3-0 (Britt (2) Johnson)

Slightly off topic, I'm off to Bolton this weekend with 2 young lads, was wondering if anyone has any recommendation were we can stop off to eat and for me to have a cheeky pint without diverting too much off route.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly off topic, I'm off to Bolton this weekend with 2 young lads, was wondering if anyone has any recommendation were we can stop off to eat and for me to have a cheeky pint without diverting too much off route.

The closest pub to the Macron is the Beehive, and it's pretty much perfect for you - there's food and free parking, and they actually have a kids play area in the back (not sure how old your lads are), although I don't know if the play area is open on a matchday.

It's about 10 minutes walk from the ground.

The closest pub to the Macron is the Beehive, and it's pretty much perfect for you - there's food and free parking, and they actually have a kids play area in the back (not sure how old your lads are), although I don't know if the play area is open on a matchday.

Cheers, do you know if they let Boro fans in just last time we tried the Harvester but they wouldn't let us in, so ended up having a KFC.

Cheers, do you know if they let Boro fans in just last time we tried the Harvester but they wouldn't let us in, so ended up having a KFC.

Yeah it's one of the main away fans pubs.

It will get pretty busy though, I'd think. It wasn't too bad last time, but that was an early kick-off, so might be a bit more packed for a 3pm

Can see why there's been calls to drop friend due to his poor by his standards start to the season, but hasn't this bee  the case pretty much every season for him? He always takes a while to get going from my recollection. Plus Fabio is not the answer and leaves us exposed defensively (relies on his pace and tenacity to recover rather than defending smart) so id continue to go with friend. 

Fabio leaves us exposed at the back but Friend doesn't? 

:shy: :rolleyes:

As I said, he's started slow, but generally is very solid defensively. If we get to the 10 game mark and still isn't performing to his usual standards I'd start to worry, And start looking at the market for a new left back as Fabio is worse.

Very good preview :D

I just want the 3 points this week and would take a routine 1 or 2-0 all day long. Need a bit of confidence and a winning mentality back, then hopefully the flair will follow somewhere down the line.

Also would hope that Monk has settled on a preferred formation during the break with a line now drawn under any transfer uncertainties.

Can see why there's been calls to drop friend due to his poor by his standards start to the season, but hasn't this bee  the case pretty much every season for him? He always takes a while to get going from my recollection. Plus Fabio is not the answer and leaves us exposed defensively (relies on his pace and tenacity to recover rather than defending smart) so id continue to go with friend. 

Fabio leaves us exposed at the back but Friend doesn't? 

:shy: :rolleyes:

As I said, he's started slow, but generally is very solid defensively. If we get to the 10 game mark and still isn't performing to his usual standards I'd start to worry, And start looking at the market for a new left back as Fabio is worse.

I disagree with everything :D

You usually expect the business at both ends from George. When he's not having a good game going forward, you can rely on him to defend well.

So far, he's not done either very well. I didn't want to put too much pressure on him but in the Preston game, he was abysmal, possibly the worst game I've seen from him in a Boro shirt. His passing was by far the worst it's been so far this season, 60% succession, previous lowest was 75%. That's not George at his best, he can't perform like that at this level and get away with it when there's someone like Fabio ready and waiting to get into the team. If the Bolton game had came soon after Preston, I'd be extremely surprised to see him make the first 11.

We will peel them with our little knives.

Boil them for 20 of our minutes.

Then we'll smash them all to bits.

Or... 0-1 Boro

Sounds more plausible

Was thinking about that advert this morning am glad someone remembers the robotic aliens all you need pete was the tinned laughter at the end :D

The perfect game to come back to. Bolton will be low on confidence having just been smashed by Hull and we should be beating them comfortably if we turn up.

I'd love to see this team:

Randolph

Christie Fry Ayala Fabio

Clayton Howson

Baker

Traore Britt Bamford

I think that Adama can test himself against Bolton and should be doing well against them personally. It's worrying if we're not willing to give him a go against a lower opposition.

I'd be delighted if Bamford can score and I think Britt also needs a goal after his performance at Forest.

A clean sheet and comfortable 3-0 win.

Bamford (18 mins) and Britt x2 ( 34 and 64).

The last game i think the Gestede and Britt partnership did not work for various reason main one been they did not get close enough to each other on the pitch, what im not wondering is ok we have tried that partnership but wouldn't a Bamford and Britt partnership be worth trying with maybe somebody in a free role behind them. So what im wondering is something like this -

................................Randolph.............................

Christie...........Fry.................Gibson......................... friend

.......................................Cdm Clayton.............................................

Rw Troare............................Cam Baker.....................Lw Fabio

................................Britt..........Bamford.................................