oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Boro v Bolton (A) 3-0 (Britt (2) Johnson)

Slightly off topic, I'm off to Bolton this weekend with 2 young lads, was wondering if anyone has any recommendation were we can stop off to eat and for me to have a cheeky pint without diverting too much off route.

Slightly off topic, I'm off to Bolton this weekend with 2 young lads, was wondering if anyone has any recommendation were we can stop off to eat and for me to have a cheeky pint without diverting too much off route.

The closest pub to the Macron is the Beehive, and it's pretty much perfect for you - there's food and free parking, and they actually have a kids play area in the back (not sure how old your lads are), although I don't know if the play area is open on a matchday.

It's about 10 minutes walk from the ground.

The closest pub to the Macron is the Beehive, and it's pretty much perfect for you - there's food and free parking, and they actually have a kids play area in the back (not sure how old your lads are), although I don't know if the play area is open on a matchday.

Cheers, do you know if they let Boro fans in just last time we tried the Harvester but they wouldn't let us in, so ended up having a KFC.

Cheers, do you know if they let Boro fans in just last time we tried the Harvester but they wouldn't let us in, so ended up having a KFC.

Yeah it's one of the main away fans pubs.

It will get pretty busy though, I'd think. It wasn't too bad last time, but that was an early kick-off, so might be a bit more packed for a 3pm

Can see why there's been calls to drop friend due to his poor by his standards start to the season, but hasn't this bee  the case pretty much every season for him? He always takes a while to get going from my recollection. Plus Fabio is not the answer and leaves us exposed defensively (relies on his pace and tenacity to recover rather than defending smart) so id continue to go with friend. 

Fabio leaves us exposed at the back but Friend doesn't? 

:shy: :rolleyes:

As I said, he's started slow, but generally is very solid defensively. If we get to the 10 game mark and still isn't performing to his usual standards I'd start to worry, And start looking at the market for a new left back as Fabio is worse.

Very good preview :D

I just want the 3 points this week and would take a routine 1 or 2-0 all day long. Need a bit of confidence and a winning mentality back, then hopefully the flair will follow somewhere down the line.

Also would hope that Monk has settled on a preferred formation during the break with a line now drawn under any transfer uncertainties.

Can see why there's been calls to drop friend due to his poor by his standards start to the season, but hasn't this bee  the case pretty much every season for him? He always takes a while to get going from my recollection. Plus Fabio is not the answer and leaves us exposed defensively (relies on his pace and tenacity to recover rather than defending smart) so id continue to go with friend. 

Fabio leaves us exposed at the back but Friend doesn't? 

:shy: :rolleyes:

As I said, he's started slow, but generally is very solid defensively. If we get to the 10 game mark and still isn't performing to his usual standards I'd start to worry, And start looking at the market for a new left back as Fabio is worse.

I disagree with everything :D

You usually expect the business at both ends from George. When he's not having a good game going forward, you can rely on him to defend well.

So far, he's not done either very well. I didn't want to put too much pressure on him but in the Preston game, he was abysmal, possibly the worst game I've seen from him in a Boro shirt. His passing was by far the worst it's been so far this season, 60% succession, previous lowest was 75%. That's not George at his best, he can't perform like that at this level and get away with it when there's someone like Fabio ready and waiting to get into the team. If the Bolton game had came soon after Preston, I'd be extremely surprised to see him make the first 11.

We will peel them with our little knives.

Boil them for 20 of our minutes.

Then we'll smash them all to bits.

Or... 0-1 Boro

Sounds more plausible

We will peel them with our little knives.

Boil them for 20 of our minutes.

Then we'll smash them all to bits.

Or... 0-1 Boro

Sounds more plausible

Was thinking about that advert this morning am glad someone remembers the robotic aliens all you need pete was the tinned laughter at the end :D

The perfect game to come back to. Bolton will be low on confidence having just been smashed by Hull and we should be beating them comfortably if we turn up.

I'd love to see this team:

Randolph

Christie Fry Ayala Fabio

Clayton Howson

Baker

Traore Britt Bamford

I think that Adama can test himself against Bolton and should be doing well against them personally. It's worrying if we're not willing to give him a go against a lower opposition.

I'd be delighted if Bamford can score and I think Britt also needs a goal after his performance at Forest.

A clean sheet and comfortable 3-0 win.

Bamford (18 mins) and Britt x2 ( 34 and 64).

The last game i think the Gestede and Britt partnership did not work for various reason main one been they did not get close enough to each other on the pitch, what im not wondering is ok we have tried that partnership but wouldn't a Bamford and Britt partnership be worth trying with maybe somebody in a free role behind them. So what im wondering is something like this -

................................Randolph.............................

Christie...........Fry.................Gibson......................... friend

.......................................Cdm Clayton.............................................

Rw Troare............................Cam Baker.....................Lw Fabio

................................Britt..........Bamford.................................

Happy with MBPs team but gibbo instead of fry

3-1 Julio baptiste 1st goal in 11th minute

Britt Treble after

• Latest Posts

• Agree with Sandy..  we are inconsistent but some of that is relative inexperience and hopefully that will decrease. Hopefully we can get a few more U23's out on loan to push them on a bit and fill the squad up for next year..  we have the makings of a good team and if we can get the final pieces of the jigsaw, then we will be there or thereabouts . Would also like to mention that discipline seems to have improved significantly, halfway through season and only one red card, which was rightly overturned and most of the yellows were for "proper" fouls rather than dissent or other daft stuff..  Sam will always be Sam but having watched Souness, Kennedy, Glover, Hammy, Boam and other nasty boys, he is very mild compared to them and I think all good teams have someone like him, so I think it should be acknowledged he is the best Egyptian we've had   
    • Think they are nailed on to stay up now that they have fewer injuries...  Ol Gravel Voice might be a walking sphincter but he gets the best out of his players (except against City). wouldn't be surprised if current bottom 3 went down, but if anyone else gets dragged in, most likely Brighton or Barcodes
    • Burnley have 19 points from just 10 scored goals. That’s some achievement. 10 more goals and they’ll probably avoid relegation. 
    • Good opening post I hope to see your thread again for Rotherham 🙂 1:Team and formation?  Exactly same side as he started at Nottingham Forrest as believe its best side we have baring Fletcher.  2: Is it good to change a winning team?  Nope it isn't unless player is really knackered  3: Will Morsy get another yellow card for just being Morsy?  Yeah he will  4: Can Britt follow up on an above par performance?  I think/hope as his contract is up we may see the best of Britt as he sure will wanna try earn biggest deal he can in the summer and we are his stage for showtime  5: Is Saville finally going to be what we bought him for.. A goal contributer? 4 goals and 4 assists so far... With Morsey it enables him to burst in the box with great effect so defiently be more of a goal scoring contribution from him  6: Iron Maiden or Def Leppard?  Iron Maiden 7: Our last handful of games this season are easy on paper .. If we keep within reach of the play off spots .. Can we push for it in the last 8-10 games? Yeah it's just our strength in depth see at LB dropping from Bola to Coulson is downgrade then at RB Dijksteel provides defensive steal remove him for Spence we are a lot worse defensively. Then in Midfield losing someone so Wing is required is downgrade. The reason Norwich are where they are is due to having two quality players in every position really.  8: Who is this mystery signing (winger who can play as a striker)?  It has got to be Grosicki don't think any other fit the words Warnock said.
    • Classic Dani 🤦‍♂️