oneBoro Forum

Boro v Bolton (A) 3-0 (Britt (2) Johnson)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how when Monk puts out a 4231 with Clayton Leadbitter DMs it is attack minded but when AK done it, it was ultra cautious...

No mate. You're missing that Forshaw/de roon was the 3Rd with Stuani and Downing on the wings...

Funny how when Monk puts out a 4231 with Clayton Leadbitter DMs it is attack minded but when AK done it, it was ultra cautious...

I was just thinking the same thing.

Couldn't agree more well at least Forshaw is not on the bench as a replacement!

Funny how a lot of people can't seem to let Karanka go...

No mate. You're missing that Forshaw/de roon was the 3Rd with Stuani and Downing on the wings...

No mate I'm on about in the promotion season...

Funny how a lot of people can't seem to let Karanka go...

It's not about AK or Monk. My point was about how fans perceive this lineup to be more attacking because our manager has changed, when it's basically the same.

Theirs tons of clubs that play 4,2,3,1 that did not play the same way as us last season, its all about the instructions you give particularly to the cdms. If you have Clayton and Foreshaw on one pitch i reckon they do exactly the same job (in my opinion Clayton is better at that job) but Leadbitter and Clayton although the both get back and defend, sometimes Leadbitter gets forward and has a pop at the goal which sometimes goes in so offers you something different to both sitting back all the time. The other thing is i reckon Leadbitter is a better leader than foreshaw or Clayton which helps as well. I actually think Leadbitter isnt as good as Clayton or Foreshaw technically but hes different which is why id start him over Foreshaw.

Are we worried that it's another formation change?

It's worrying that it suggests Monk doesn't know his best team or formation but at least he's realising what he's done so far hasn't worked and isn't stubbornly persisting. I think we look balanced today which is a huge step up on the last match.