oneBoro Forum

Gestede possibly out for season (rumour)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will go on a winning run now that Rudy is out of the team. I don't care how 'successful' he has been perceived to be, I think we are better off without him.

If Braithwaite isn't fit this weekend, I would either go 4231 and play Bamford behind Johnson, Assombalonga and Traore. Or play Johnson, Assombalonga and Bamford as the 3 up front in a 433.

I think we will go on a winning run now that Rudy is out of the team.  I don't care how 'successful' he has been perceived to be, I think we are better off without him.

So do you think we'd have more points without him having been in the team? A curious suggestion if so, given he was involved with both our winning goals so far.

Monk confirmed in his presser that it was a dead leg that hasn't stopped bleeding, still in hospital after a minor operation and can't put a timescale on until it's stopped bleeding.

And i always thought FM making dead legs a week long injury was unrealistic Jesus Christ.

Logically, I could only see it if it were to do with his body not reacting as it should to the muscular bruising. If it were to do with the way his body reacts to injury, then it'd be understandable...

But the lads had several injuries before. None of which has his body reacted to with any concern. Seems. Sry odd...

As above, it now makes absolute sense why he ended up in JCUH. Few better places for him to have that op done - absolutely wonderful hospital. Was there for a few days last weekend; absolutely ***s all over the hospitals we have down here in the 'second city.'

Fair play to whoever got that info out on FMTTM too.

Logically, I could only see it if it were to do with his body not reacting as it should to the muscular bruising. If it were to do with the way his body reacts to injury, then it'd be understandable...

But the lads had several injuries before. None of which has his body reacted to with any concern. Seems. Sry odd...

As above, it now makes absolute sense why he ended up in JCUH. Few better places for him to have that op done - absolutely wonderful hospital. Was there for a few days last weekend; absolutely ***s all over the hospitals we have down here in the 'second city.'

Fair play to whoever got that info out on FMTTM too.

I second this, had an op on my chest in James Cook 3 weeks ago. Best hospital experience I've had, it's a top top hospital.

Sounds like a type of compartment syndrome and they may have released the fascia to reduce intracompartmental pressure. Or perhaps they are worried the hematoma may turn into a myosotis ossificans and have tried reduce the hematoma. Either way a freak injury (likely a blow to the quad) and I can imagine his knee isn't bending well right now. Make take some time to resolve.

Sounds like a type of compartment syndrome and they may have released the fascia to reduce intracompartmental pressure. Or perhaps they are worried the hematoma may turn into a myosotis ossificans and have tried reduce the hematoma. Either way a freak injury (likely a blow to the quad) and I can imagine his knee isn't bending well right now. Make take some time to resolve.

I agree sounds like he's got a ouchy on his leg :(

Did anyone see this gazette article - http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/labelling-rudy-gestedes-injury-blessing-13585773

Tbh even though he was not good enough for the prem last season, When he came in at least he gave it a go i thought so nobody should criticise his effort and my personal opinion in the championship in some games where the opponents height at the back is lacking and games where we need a plan b hes a good option from the bench. Hes not Britt or Bamford but as i say hes good enough to play at this level and doesnt really deserve that kind of criticism from the fans.

Did anyone see this gazette article - http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/labelling-rudy-gestedes-injury-blessing-13585773

Tbh even though he was not good enough for the prem last season, When he came in at least he gave it a go i thought so nobody should criticise his effort and my personal opinion in the championship in some games where the opponents height at the back is lacking and games where we need a plan b hes a good option from the bench. Hes not Britt or Bamford but as i say hes good enough to play at this level and doesnt really deserve that kind of criticism from the fans.

To be honest I haven't seen anybody except for known trolls claim his injury is a "blessing in disguise". He's shown his quality this season and although I don't think he quite fits into Garry Monk's ideal play style for us, he gives us something completely different off the bench.

The injury can't be seen as anything other than a blow as it limits our options going forward and I think the dressing room loses a well liked character who always gives 100%.

The Gazette must be really short of things to write about, Vickers is now writing stories based on the deluded opinions of a few twitter trolls. It seems strange to give these people exposure in a newspaper.

I, like many probably wouldn't name Gestede in a fully fit starting line-up, but he is a useful option to have on the bench. Rudy is far more likely to hear the trolls opinions now that they have been published in a newspaper. I'm not entirely sure what the Gazette are up to.

The Gazette must be really short of things to write about, Vickers is now writing stories based on the deluded opinions of a few twitter trolls. It seems strange to give these people exposure in a newspaper.

I, like many probably wouldn't name Gestede in a fully fit starting line-up, but he is a useful option to have on the bench. Rudy is far more likely to hear the trolls opinions now that they have been published in a newspaper. I'm not entirely sure what the Gazette are up to.

Looks like the Gazette have an axe to grind. And using some low life comment off  the fmttm thread that actually had the audacity to get the information before them. Very poor form from the Gazette attempting to unsettle a player and place the fans in a very unfavourable light.